Chapter Four

Lilyanna watches as theguard she clocked crumbles to the snowy ground, blood pouring fromhis broken nose. The man groans and holds his nose, not knowing whathit him. Not until he looks up. He watches in slow motion as Lilyannagrabs his sword from the ground where he dropped it and plunges itstraight into his chest. He groans and wheezes until he falls to hisside, the light draining from his eyes.

Lilyanna stares at thedead man until she hears a yell coming from behind her. She quicklyturns around and barely moves her head to miss a sword swinging forher face. She blocks the sword and begins fighting the man. Finally,after five minutes of fighting, the blade is knocked out of the man'shand and Lilyanna spears her sword into the man's chest, just likeshe did the first guy.

Knowing she needed to getaway, even though she immediately felt bad about leaving Emrys andKing Arthur behind, she drops her sword and quickly dashed toward aclump of horses tied up. She grabs the nearest one, swings up intothe saddle, and kicks the horse into a gallop. She pauses right atthe tree line and looks back.

She makes eye contact withEmrys. "See you soon." Hopefully, with her escape, she might beable to lead some of the men away from the camp.

An arrow grazes Lilyanna'scheek, drawing a few droplets of blood. She quickly turns away fromEmrys and kicks the horse back up into a gallop, heading straightinto the woods. They begin weaving through the trees as arrows zoomaround her. This makes her urge the horse to run even faster.

When she reaches the otherside of the woods, into another clearing, she scoots back out of thesaddle onto the butt of the horse. She takes a deep breath beforeleaning backward and lets herself fall into a backflip, her feetlanding perfectly on the ground like a cat. She then turns around andfaces the men that had followed her.

Lilyanna closes her eyesand accesses her magic. She feels it deep in her core. She then letsit flow down to her feet until she feels her magic connect with themagic of nature around her. She then begins to feel something beingconjured in her hand. After about a minute, she opens her eyes andfinds a sword made of pure magic in her right hand.

Grinning, she meets themen.

They aim their crossbowsat her. She blocks every arrow that comes her way with the sword.When the men get a little closer to her, she begins grabbing some ofthe stray arrows around her and flings them back at the men with alittle bit of magic. They all hit their targets. Right in the chest.Before she knows it, all the men are down on the ground, lifeless.

Lilyanna pants as shestares at the dead men. She then closes her eyes and releases themagic she had borrowed from nature and returns it with a thank you.

Once she feels her magicreturn back to her core, she stands still for a minute before shewalks to the closest downed man and gathers up their weapons, andbegins pulling off their armor. She does this to each man until shehas several piles of weapons and armor.

Turning away from thepiles, she focuses on the men. She asks for help from nature again and inno time, the dead men melt into the earth like candle wax, leavingnothing but their undergarments behind. Lilyanna burns the clothing.Lastly, she throws the weapons and armor, saving one set of armor andone bow and quiver of arrows, into a nearby ravine.