~Growing~

Time skip!

I stare at my back in the mirror, my small wings poking out of the holes in my shirt. I smile as I slightly flap them. Suddenly Claire bursts in, and since the kids have been told Claire has been asking me about them 24/7. "Wings!" Claire says with a giggle as she jumps up on the vanity stool and slowly runs her hand along them. "Be careful Claire, they are a bit sore." I say with a smile as Claire softens her hand movements. "Okay! Do they hurt?" Claire asks innocently, before hopping off the stool. "Sometimes, but I'll be alright!" I say with a smile as I pick her up into the air and spin her around as she giggles. "I hope you feel better sissy!" Claire yells as she runs off into the hallway once I set her down. Sissy...hm.

Soon Alma walks into the room as I continue to look at my wings, amazed still. "I heard Claire talking about her 'sissy'" Alma says with a smile as she leans on the doorframe. "Yep. Proud to be her sissy!" I say with a chuckle as I slightly flap my wings again. "They're growing so fast..are you feeling any pain?" Alma asks as she walks over and runs her hands softly through the feathers. "Sometimes I'll feel a sharp pain in my back, but other than that I'm alright!" I say with a smile as I quickly turn around and hug Alma. "Well, what's with this good mood?" Alma says with a chuckle as I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist, her heels immediately falling onto the ground. "Oh nothing, I'm just happy to be here." I say with a wide smile as I look up at Alma. "I love seeing you this happy..it makes me happy." Alma replies as she leans her head on my shoulder. "I'm glad you're happy." I say as I run my hands through her hair. "Your nails feel long.." Alma mutters. "Yeah..I have been noticing that, they are growing almost like your talons. And they are becoming more of a beige color." I say as I pull back my hand and Alma looks at my long, but shaped nails.

"That's interesting, but it would make sense." Alma says, and her eyes move directly to mine. She seemingly just stares into my eyes, examining them thoroughly. "Do I have something on my face?" I ask with a chuckle. Ever sense my eyes have changed I'll catch Alma staring at them, I don't mind though.  "No, no you don't dove. Your eyes are just so unique..I also loved your eyes before, I don't want you to think anything along that line." Alma says as she pulls away her eyes and lays her head back down. "I would never darling, now, isn't it about time for dinner my love?" I ask as I walk towards the door, still carrying Alma. "Put me down first!" Alma urges on. "Hm....I think the next train stop is in the kitchen. You can't just jump off a train, can you?" I ask her as I start down the stairs. "I need my shoes!" Alma urges with a giggle. "Awww, I'll go get them." I say with a fake pout as I walk back upstairs before grabbing her heels and sliding them back on. "Thanks." Alma says with a sarcastic smile before I begin to walk back down.

I see Emma and Olive eyeing us from outside, and I set Alma down just to flip them off. They come rushing to the door. "Gotta run love! I'll be right back!" I say with a smirk as I run off upstairs and hide in the closet of Alma's room. "Y/n! You little..." I hear Emma yell. Sooner or later I hear them huff and walk outside, so I rush back down to the kitchen to continue helping Alma. "They are out for you my dove, but next time maybe you shouldn't give them the finger? Not very polite of you if I do say soo..." Alma trails on as she stirs the soup. "Sorry lovebird, couldn't help it." I say with a shrug as I chop up some vegetables.

And my wings continue to grow, and grow, and grow everyday. Until they reached their max, and quickly.