~You Are My Sunshine~

I lay in Alma's lap, tired, but unable to sleep. Alma holds me close, and thoughts race in my head of what I was planning on. It's in the drawer..I don't wanna wait till tomorrow! Ugh but I have to..I can't believe I'm gonna ask her. I've been dreaming of what will happen for ages now. "Lovebird.." I Mutter as I lay my head in her arm. "Yes darling?" Alma asks as she looks down from her book to look at me. "I can't sleep.." I groan as I stretch slightly. She smiles and sets her book down on the bedside table. Alma repositions me, so she's holding me closer and tighter. She lays back a bit before singing the beautiful song she sings to me almost every night.

"You are my sunshine" I smile as her beautiful song begins.

"My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away

The other night, dear
As I lay sleeping
I dreamed I held you
In my arms
When I awoke, dear
I was mistaken
So I hung my head and I cried

You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy 
When skies are gray
You'll never know, dear
How much I love you
Please don't take
My sunshine away.."

I quickly fall asleep, and within a few minutes I'm drifted into a deep dark room in..I think a dream? I look around and start to panic. "Where am I?" I ask as I hurriedly look around. No answer. Suddenly as if a projected was pointed at the blackness, it pops up brightly. Memories. I Watch the first time I took my first steps, all the way to tonight. At this point I'm in tears, I don't know why. "Where am I..? Is this a dream?" I ask again. 

"No darling, you, are in the afterlife. You, are dead."