Job Class [2]

If you want to read future chapters or simply support me, please check out my Patreon. Every single fanfic and chapter will eventually be available there. However, if you don't want to wait or simply wish to show your support, please give it a visit! Link is in the synopsis and below:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

Reiji sat there, his expression unnerved. He had already garnered enough attention, and involving himself in a situation that wouldn't benefit him seemed pointless. Besides, he knew it wouldn't be long before Aiko stepped in to handle it.

"Hey! Stop laughing at him! I won't allow anyone to laugh at their classmates on my watch! As a teacher, I absolutely will not condone it! Now return Nagumo-kun's Status Plate this instant!" The boys were all taken aback by how much anger was visible in Aiko-sensei's small frame.

They hurriedly returned Hajime's plate to avoid her wrath. Aiko-sensei turned to Hajime and gave him an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Nagumo-kun, don't worry about your job! Look, I got a non-combat job too! And aside from my job, most of my stats are pretty average too! You're not alone!"

Aiko-sensei then showed her pink-colored plate to Hajime, saying, "Here, look!"

Soon after, Hajime's eyes took on the vacant gaze of a dead fish as he finished reading Aiko's plate. Reiji observed with curiosity, wondering just how low Hajime's stats must be to elicit such a reaction.

"Alright, everyone, let's continue with the status inspection, and then you can explore the castle or spend time together. But remember to rest. Our real training begins tomorrow," Captain Meld reminded the group.

He proceeded to check the remaining statuses until he reached the last person. Captain Meld extended his hand, signaling for Reiji to hand over his plate.

Reiji furrowed his brow. It was too early to simply divulge information about his capabilities. In defiance, he slipped his Status Plate into his pocket and stared at Captain Meld.

"What exactly is the purpose of this procedure? You say it's to build a suitable training regimen for us, but is that really true? I want to know who exactly holds my information if I were to share it with you," Reiji asked assertively.

Raising an eyebrow, Captain Meld replied, "Yes, we check your Status Plates to create suitable training regimens for you heroes and bring out your full potential. And the only people who have access to your information and that of others are myself, nobles, other high officials, the King, and the Pope, of course."

Reiji let out a sigh and locked eyes with Captain Meld, conveying his message. "I have no interest in showing my Status Plate to you or anyone else," he said firmly.

With a dawning realization, Captain Meld focused his gaze on Reiji. "You don't trust us?" he questioned.

Reiji sidestepped the question and let out a weary sigh. "Look, let's put this into perspective. Imagine yourself in our shoes. You're a teenager, still in the midst of adolescence, with no real-world experience or combat skills. Then suddenly, you're whisked away to a fantasy world and expected to fight in a war. Would you blindly believe everything they tell you and willingly join the battle?"

"Ye—" Captain Meld began, but he was swiftly interrupted.

"Captain Meld, be serious. You had no prior knowledge of such a world even existing. Would you truly risk your life for a world you had no understanding of? Set aside your morals, ethics, and emotional attachments, and consider it from a logical standpoint."