Scorpion

Join me on Patreon to unlock exclusive fanfics and early access to future chapters! Support my work and be part of the journey. Visit the link below to show your support and dive into the exciting world of my stories!:

[patreon.com/Eros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

Lifting Yue off the ground, Reiji swiftly hoisted her onto his shoulders, firmly grasping her hands as she dangled behind him. Their gazes aligned toward the impending clash, and her eyes widened in shock as she witnessed the confrontation between the two colossal beings.

"Seems like it's taken a liking to you, Yue," Reiji remarked, his attention fixed on the creature before them. The monstrosity stretched nearly five meters in length, boasting four arms, each ending in menacing razor-sharp scissors.

Its eight clacking legs propelled it with an eerie rhythm, reminiscent of a scorpion's skittering movements. Two tails, tipped with stingers, completed its formidable appearance. Reiji suspected that the stingers contained potent venom.

This creature surpassed any foe he had encountered thus far, yet a grin crept across his face, fueled by the prospect of a new ally. Nevertheless, there were several factors to consider and experiment with during this encounter, providing a valuable opportunity for observation.

Reiji stole a quick glance at the girl clinging to him. Showing no signs of fear despite the intimidating scorpion's presence, her gaze fixated solely on him. Her eyes exuded tranquility, reflecting an unwavering acceptance of her destiny.

In the depths of her silent gaze, a profound trust was forged, surpassing the need for words. The level of trust she bestowed upon Reiji, a complete stranger, made him question how long she had been trapped in this place.

Reiji reflected, 'Even after my downfall, it seems that positive emotions haven't entirely left me.' He acknowledged the transformation he had undergone and felt gratitude for it. 'However, saving her only to abandon her now would be meaningless.'

Reiji shifted his focus back to the intense confrontation between the Scorpion and his Cyclops Shadow. Taking a moment to evaluate the situation, he examined the stats of his summoned creature, which he had neglected to do earlier.

Elite Grade: Cyclops; Level:1

Reiji thought to himself, 'Not bad.' Although he was the most powerful soldier he had initially reanimated, he was only slightly stronger compared to his more prominent creations like the Claw Bear and Twin-Tailed Wolf right now.

It was a common occurrence for reanimated monsters to be weaker than their living counterparts. The Cyclops bellowed with fury as it charged toward the scorpion-like creature. Its massive fists swung through the air, aiming to crush its opponent with sheer force.

The scorpion retaliated with lightning-fast movements, its scissors clashing against the Cyclops' thick hide. The clash of titans echoed through the chamber, each blow shaking the ground beneath them.

Amidst the battle between the Cyclops and the scorpion-like creature, Yue, who had been observing the fight, couldn't contain her curiosity any longer. She turned to Reiji and asked, "Reiji, what exactly is that Shadow you've summoned? It's unlike anything I've ever seen before."

Reiji cast a quick glance at her and responded, "Who knows? But that shouldn't be your concern right now. The entity's presence won't endure indefinitely. It's currently being pushed back."

The Cyclops lunged at the Scorpion with immense force, its massive fists swinging in a wild display of power. The Scorpion, however, proved to be agile and evasive, dodging the incoming strikes with calculated precision.