35

The boys began to tell Katherine everything they knew, from the fact that Omegas were paid less, that they were in the same position as Alphas and that there was some physical abuse with some Betas and other things of the same kind and that they knew an Omega who left the company for the same reason and who could be a witness as well.

The eldest of the four was writing everything down in a notebook. Tord for his part just listened but also looked at Tom, diverting his gaze to his mother or Marion so that the bass player didn't feel so observed and it worked, or so the youngest thought, because Thomas was looking out of the corner of his eye at the boy and it was easy for nobody to notice, because his eyes are completely black and deep.

— Well, with what you have told me I have enough, thank you very much and I would like you to give me your telephone numbers so that I can inform you of everything that has to do with your lawsuit and if I need more help for the investigation.-. The mother handed them the notebook and pencil so that they could write down their numbers.

Those involved wrote down their numbers and returned the items to the woman.

— I have a lot of work to do, I hope you don't mind if I leave now, another day if you want you can go home and my husband and I will prepare a nice dinner for you, what do you say?-. Smiled Katherine maternally.

Tom and Marion looked at Tord, the boy smiled and then looked at his mother.

— I'd really love to have you over for dinner.-. Said the little horned boy.

— Then we accept hehe.-. Marion said, putting her arm around the bass player's shoulders and pulling him closer to her.

— That's great, so let me know when you're coming.-. The older girl got up from her seat and the rest of them followed her.

The boys nodded and then said goodbye to the woman, the last one was Tord whose mother hugged him tightly again and said in his ear "You're not going to escape from telling me what you have with Thomas, eh?", she pushed him away to see that her son's cheeks were red and he shook his head quickly, while she laughed sweetly.

— Mum, you have to go, goodbye.-. Tord said quickly as he turned and waved goodbye, trying to calm his embarrassment.

His mother shook her head in amusement as he turned to go the opposite way to the younger ones. Marion saw the horned one ahead of them, smiled in amusement, watched her best friend look at him strangely. The girl gently pushed Thomas forward, he looked at her and with a nod of his head she gave him to understand that he should go ahead to be on a par with Tord.

— Go, don't be stupid.-. The Alpha smiled sweetly.

— Uh... Eh... Ok.-. The bass player took a step forward and was at the same height as the youngest one.

The boys began to talk about anything, while Marion watched them from a few steps behind, the chemistry of those two was very nice and the girl felt a little bit envious about it, "I'm glad you found that person Tom, but I'm a little envious, haha, I'm a disaster in that sense and I don't know if I'll ever find that special person" thought the girl.

They arrived at the bus stop, got on the bus, which had just arrived with them, and left on foot this time.

— Oh, I remembered what you told me last time, do you want me to soundproof your room?-. Said Thomas to Tord.

— Right, I'd love to, but I don't want to waste your time with that...

— Nah, believe me that doing that for me is more productive than just being at home drinking alcohol and sleeping... Oh yeah and taking care of Ska, although the latter is my priority haha.-. Said the bassist smiling.

— Your depressive behaviours worry me... Although from what I see you have people who keep you in line, don't you?-. Tord said as he looked next to Marion who was rarely absent from what they were talking about as she looked out the window of the transport.

— Don't worry, my most terrible moments so to speak are long gone, besides as you said I have strong pillars around me.

Tom looked at Marion, something was wrong with the girl, so he hugged her without warning. The girl woke up and spoke.

— What happened to you?-. She smiled a little amused by Thomas's sudden affection.

— That's a question I should ask...-. He let go of the hug and looked at her worriedly.

The girl smiled broadly and patted him on the shoulders.

— So Tord, why do you want to soundproof your room?-. Said the girl, changing the subject.

— Ah, it's just that I'm an exaggeratedly light sleeper and as you know people like that wake up with any noise and sometimes I can't sleep well because of it.-. Said the boy a bit annoyed just thinking about his sleepless nights because of his noisy neighbours.

— I'm a normal sleeper, let's say, but sometimes I also wake up because of external noises and it sucks, so I understand you hahaha.-. She gave him a sincere smile.

— I don't understand any of that, I'm privileged.-. Thomas said puffing out his chest with pride.

— God, I remembered that time I had to throw water on you and put a fucking loudspeaker almost at full volume to wake you up.-. Marion said with a chuckle and tiredness from remembering what it took to wake the boy up and then turned to the Omega.-. Tord, we were like 14 years old and this motherfucker really wouldn't wake up, I thought he was in a coma so I did what I just said and the guy did, you know what he did?, he just opened his eyes

and asked if there was anything to eat... I wanted to kill him, because we had a mini-concert at school that day and we were short of time.

Tord started to laugh, Marion's stressed face plus Tom's laughter, it was all very comical.

The girl sighed but her face had a sincere smile on it as she watched the other two still laughing, she managed to deflect the subject, she didn't want to worry her best friend about something that happens to a lot of people which is feeling lonely, it wasn't his problem, so it was better that things stayed as they were for now.

They arrived at the university bus stop, Tord said goodbye to the boys and got off, the other two continued on their way to the next stop. When they arrived they got off and Tom remarked,

— I know you don't want to tell me what's wrong, but remember I'm here for you.-. He looked at her seriously.

— I know dear, at some point I'll tell you, but don't worry, it's nothing serious, it's just something that happens, ok?-. The girl smiled, giving the boy a bit of peace of mind.

— Ok, but you will have to tell me.-. Smiled the boy now.

— Of course I will do.

And so they entered the bassist's flat.

----------------------

New chapter C:

A big hug for you <3