Meeting The Brothers - Twilight/Vampire Diaries

Summary: The Cullens adopted Y/N who went on the run. Who finds them? None other than the Salvatore brothers.

I had been running for a long time. My legs were burning so were my lungs. The bag on my back didn't feel so heavy when I left. I was so happy I had thrown them off, making them think I was heading the other way into town. But in reality, I was heading to the woods. I had enough food and drink to last months.

I wandered through the woods, looking out for any people or high trees: easy enough for me to climb but high enough to keep me out of sight.

I found one which was perfect and began climbing, using all my strength to pull myself up. I hung my bag on a nearby branch and nestled myself, amongst the branches and leaves. Then, I realised there was a small opening in the trunk behind me. Carefully, I squeezed myself inside, taking my bag with me. I was completely out of sight.

Suddenly, I could hear the cries of my family and friends which I had much anticipated. Someone must have seen me. Everyone's scream sort of morphed into one but there were two people whose cries you could detect in a group of a thousand. My two best friends. They were screaming my name so hard, their throats must have ran sore. At one point, they both collapsed onto the floor sobbing and screaming. They were picked up and dragged away by my brothers, Emmet and Jasper. I could hear them resisting, not wanting to stop looking.

Soon after, everyone else left the wood.

But just as I was about to settle to sleep, I heard new voices. Two husky sounding voices shouting of my name.

I peeked my head out and saw two muscular men. "Are you sure you saw her here?" one said.

"Yes Stefan. I can hear her little heartbeat right now."

Vampires!

"Come on Damon. Let's check the trees."

They ran and jumped through the trees, checking them all until the only one left was mine.

They both jumped up and saw me.

They landed on the forest floor with a loud thud.

"Y/N! I'm Stefan, a friend of your family's. This is my brother Damon. Let's get you home!" Stefan called. I stayed huddled up in the tree, feeling totally petrified.

"And I'm supposed to believe that!" I shouted back, staying out of view.

"Don't make this hard," the other voice, I assumed was Damon, shouted.

Various different ideas swirled inside my mind, slowly contorting into a solid plan.

"She's going to jump." Damon muttered but loud enough for me to hear.

He was wrong.

I grabbed my stuff and started climbing down carefully, not wanting to slip.

"Good girl!" I heard Stefan call, watching me carefully.

I jumped from the last few branches, landing a few steps in front of them. Damon walked over to me and grabbed my arm roughly and started to drag me in the direction of my home.

"Let go!" I shouted and tried to get his iron grip off my arm.

Stefan suddenly appeared in front of Damon.

"Let her go!" Stefan said coldly.

Damon held on for a few seconds before scowling and letting go.

As soon as their eyes were off me, I ran.

"Told ya!" Damon said mockingly to his brother.

I ran and ran and ran.

I scurried up a tree and jumped to different branches like a monkey. They were always one step behind me.