Chapter 8

Taehyung as he noted the condition of the place, the lights on, the place being not dusty, used packets of take-out on the Tea table in the living room, dishes to be done for later placed near the sink that was almost all filled to the brim, and a fresh, calming aroma around. No, this is not how an empty house should be with no one living. Did someone barge in? Or could it be...?
Taking a deep breath Tae moves in search of anyone. Scratch that, who's he lying here? Ofc he knows who it could be coz who else could give off such a homely scent?

Gathering his poor innocent eager* self, Tae walks ahead to the bedroom, as the living and the kitchen didn't show another presence.
Now standing by the door, a hunched up figure is seen in the bed.  As much as he should be relieved that the other is asleep, unlike all the nights he spent gaming and drinking. But what's bothering him more is the disturbed expression of the aforementioned. Yes, he has walked in the room and now is standing beside the bed, as he couldn't hold himself farther than the other anymore since he's finally seeing him after weeks.

He panics seeing the younger panic. Is he having a nightmare?, he wonders. Now seeing the tears welling up in his eyes, and soft mumbles leave his mouth, he can't stop himself from going to his (once) lover and patting his head. "H- hey! Calm down. You're ok. You're fine. I'm here with you. You're safe. Calm down, please." He knows how it is not good for a pregnant to be worked up like this.
But that didn't affect the other in any way. His breathing is still fast, still shaking in his sleep.

"Jungkook, wake up. Look at me, baby, you're safe. You have me. You're not alone. Wake up." And this time he seems to have succeeded. Jungkook shoots his eyes open sitting abruptly after, and breathes heavily for quite some time. When his eyes landed on the figure in front of him, he immediately latches onto him tight. Taehyung is beyond shocked to say the least.
"Hyung, save me, please. Save me. They're gonna hurt my baby. I don't wanna lose them, please. Please, Hyung." Jungkook sobs in his embrace for a baby who is not his. It breaks his heart.

Gulping the lump down his throat, he gathers some courage to comfort the one in his arms.
"Shh.. No one will hurt you. You're safe. I'm here with you. I won't let anything happen to you. Calm down." Saying so, Tae rubs his hand on his back, to assure that he meant each and every word.

Eventually after a few minutes, the shaking self of the embraced relaxes in the embrace. Taehyung helps him lay on the bed, and covers him with the duvet. Caressing his cheek, he stands up later to leave, only for his wrist to be held, stopping him. He looks behind, confused. "Hyung. Please stay." Those pretty eyes still filled with tears, and those vulnerable lips still wobbling still makes him weak like all the time.
Taehyung sighs, before joining Jungkook in bed. To surprise him again, Jungkook cuddles close to the elder. So tight, almost clearly expressing the fear of not wanting to be alone again. And Tae lets him.
Wanting to live in this moment himself, he pulls Jungkook closer and rests his chin on his head.
"Good night." Tae voices out. Soft snores reach his ears, pointing how exhausted Jungkook might've been.

 Soft snores reach his ears, pointing how exhausted Jungkook might've been

+

+

💜: Finally my babies in each other's arms 🙈🥺🦋