realization

Since the day Karina stayed at Winter's place, the younger girl suddenly acted differently than usual

Since the day Karina stayed at Winter's place, the younger girl suddenly acted differently than usual. Karina could see it, but couldn't put the reason why.

These few days, Winter was somehow keeping her distance from the artist. Karina found it strange, definitely. She pulled out her phone to see their chats from the latest week. Winter's replies were somehow short and not demanding, not like the usual Winter the artist knew a few months ago.

Karina
You wanna come? I've got extra pizza today.

Is it Winter or Summer?
I'm busy. Maybe another time.

That was from five days ago.

Karina
Winter, I'm wondering if you wanna come today.

Is it Winter or Summer?
Got too many projects. Later.

That was from three days ago.

Karina
Hey... are you alright? Did I do something wrong?

Is it Winter or Summer?
Nothing. I've got things to do.

That was from yesterday.

Not to explain the total of twenty-three calls Winter ignored since that day, which somehow drives the tattoo artist crazy.

Walking in a circle, Karina knows something is wrong with the younger girl. She wondered if she should just show up in front of Winter's door and ask her what happened, maybe what Winter was telling her all along was true. Maybe Winter was really busy this whole week.

Karina wants to know, but asking Winter was useless. She will never pick up her phone and her reply will always be the same. Suddenly the thought of her friend is the girlfriend of Winter's friend, she immediately calls Aeri for help.

"I need you to give me Ningning's phone number", the artist said while smoking her grape pods. Aeri then answered her with a shout, "I'm not letting you flirt with my girl!".

"What the heck- Aeri! I'm not doing that", the artist answered. "I'm worried about Winter. She didn't pick up her calls, and she seems like don't want to send me messages. I'm wondering if she's okay or not, or did I do something wrong to her last week", she continued with a heavy sigh.

"Okay~ You worried about your girl, I see~", Aeri answered with a teasing voice and a whistle at the end. The artist rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I'm serious, Aeri. She's never been like this to me".

"Fine-fine. I'll text you her number later. But I swear, Rina, if you flirt with her I'll kill---"

"Thanks, Aeri. Bye", Karina ended the call first before Aeri can threaten her.

****

Calling Ningning after getting the number from Aeri doesn't really help the artist that much. The Chinese said that she only met Winter during class time. After class, the younger girl completely disappeared. Not even Ningning and their other friend, Chaehyun know what's going on with Winter.