Chapter 18

Jake

I am starting to think that I should follow Dylan's advice and call Mr. Jones. Everything is messed up right now, and I feel like it's only going to get worse. Robert suddenly reappearing out of thin air after seventeen years before disappearing again, taking Mia's money and leaving his offspring behind. I really hope they will soon leave too and never come back. I feel like all they would bring are problems. Although I agree with them about Robert being an asshole, I don't trust them. Aelia doesn't either, and most of the time she is right about these things. I haven't had insomnia in almost two years now, but I feel like it's starting again. I haven't been able to sleep at all last night. But right now, we are going to take one thing at a time. For now, I will just go to work and forget about their existence.

The day has been strangely normal. No word from Robert or any of his supposed children, and I am not going to complain about that. I was supposed to do a full shift today, but Pop decided to close the restaurant early, so I am going home now. I am not going to complain about that either; I want to go home and rest.

Fuck. I knew the day was going too smoothly; I never have this much luck. But it does not have to be them, right? This car is very common, anyone could have parked their car in front of my house. We never gave them my address anyway, so it can't be them. As soon as I open the front door, I hear her voice and realize that I was wrong, they do have my address. Fuck. What the fuck are they doing here?

"Oh, hi Jake!" says Sarah as soon as I enter the living room. She is giving me that look again, and it's making me as uncomfortable as it did last night. Amanda still looks as stressed as she did last night too, she doesn't look like she wants to be here. Both sisters are sitting on the couch facing Mia and Aelia, who turn around to look at me. Judging by the look on Austin's face when he enters the living room with some drinks, things are far from going well here. I only nod to the girls and kiss Aelia before heading to the bathroom. My day has been great so far, and I'm not ready to give it up yet. Right now, a cold shower is all I need. A hot shower with Aelia would be better, but I don't think I can get that right now.

I am in the middle of showering when I hear the bathroom door open. Maybe I can get my hot shower after all.

"Wanna join me, Love?" I ask, excited at the idea of finding her already naked and ready to join in. The shower door slides open and-

"WHAT THE FUCK? Get out!" I shout, closing the door before locking it. What the hell is wrong with her?

"I will gladly join if you want me to. It will be our little secret." Sarah says, failing to slide the door back open.

"What is wrong with you? Get the fuck out of here." The only thing keeping me from dragging her out of the house right now is the fact that I am naked.

She does not reply, but I know that she is still here. I can hear her steps. I let out a relieved breath when I hear the bathroom door open and then close again. I don't know what is wrong with these people, but they are not staying here any longer. They are leaving now. I immediately get dressed and head to the living room.

"Get the fuck out. Both of you. Take all your shit and go." I say as soon as I enter the living room. No one moves. I thought I was pretty clear, but they don't seem to understand. "Do you want me to write it down or something? Do you need an escort or maybe a red carpet?"

"Jake! What's wrong?" Mia asks.

"What's wrong? Maybe the fact that some fucking stranger barged into my bathroom while I was showering?"

"I'm sorry, I wanted some ice and I thought it was the kitchen," she dares to say.

"Oh, so you opened the bathroom door, saw the toilet seat and everything in there, and thought, 'Maybe there is a freaking fridge behind that door'. Right? Are you fucking kidding me?"