Epilogue

Aelia

"I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes." Jake says, standing behind me, his hands covering my eyes.

"What is it?" I ask, excited, "Where are we going? I'm going to fall, Jake!" I complain while he guides me.

"I'll never let you fall, Sunshine! Now stop asking questions, we're there. "

When I open my eyes, I find my favourite bookstore. I spend a lot of time here sitting in a corner, enjoying the silence and the smell of books while reading. I look at the bookstore before turning to Jake, confused. We have spent countless hours in this library reading books before. He always acts like he is being forced and held against his will when we come here but I know that he secretly likes it. He really does enjoy reading books.

"Are we going to have a book marathon?" I ask, excited at the idea.

"Absolutely not!" He opens the door and lets me in. Mr. Cheong, the owner of the bookstore, greets me with a suspiciously wide smile. He always smiles at me, but today there's something more, like he knows something I don't and is waiting for me to find it out.

Jake grins. "The surprise is at your favorite spot."

"So it's a book?" I try to think about the books I've been wanting, "Oh my God, did they get the new book in the Rollercoaster series? I heard that they sold a few to little bookshops before they officially release it," I ask as I walk to where I always sit to read. I always find random great books on the shelf next to the little red couch, I'm sure some of them were purposely placed there by Mr. Cheong for me to find. We talk about books a lot and we both like the same types of books.

"Stop asking questions and pay attention or you'll miss it."

I start looking closely at the books as I walk the length of the bookshelf. I have already read most of them. Oh my God, what if the surprise is a book he thinks I would love but I've already read it and just walk- I freeze when my eyes lay on it. I blink several times to make sure my eyes are working fine and what I'm seeing is not from my imagination. I slowly bring my hand to it, scared that if I move too fast it may vanish, but then my fingers touch it and it doesn't go anywhere. It's true. It's there on my favourite bookshelf, in my favourite bookstore, between my favourite books. I turn to look at Jake.

"Surprise, Sunshine," he grins.

Did he... No he didn't. This is not real. Maybe I'm dreaming. I take it in my hands, read the words a hundred times before finally accepting that I'm not dreaming. It is true.

The Truth Beneath

By

Aelia Anderson

My book. I am so happy but at the same time, so confused. I can't find the words.

"You are now a published author," he says as he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"You did this?"

"Yes. Well, not alone, the guys helped. I made the cover myself, do you like it? If you don't, we can still modify it for the next batch."

I can't hold back my tears. "It's perfect."

I wrote the book, wanting to publish it, but I never thought I would actually do it. I was always scared of what could happen after. But now it's published and I can't believe it.

"I've actually put three books here. I guess people bought the other ones. I have already sold a few copies to some bookstores around here. You'll see, people will love it. At least people with good taste" he chuckles.

"I can't believe you did all of this. Oh my God, you must have spent a lot on this. What if we can't sell enough to get your money back?"

"First of all, your books will be sold. Secondly, all of the money is going to your college fund."

"But-"

"No but. Stop stressing. "

"Thank you" I say before turning around to kissing him

"No need to thank me. I am investing in the future. It's all part of my plan."

"Which plan?"

"You know that I will open my own restaurant, right? Well, people are not very impressed by that anymore, so I plan on bragging about my wife being the best author of all time."

"Your wife, huh?"

"Yes, my wife. One day I will marry you, Aelia Anderson, and I will make sure that every day you are happier than the last one, till the end."

THE END.