Chapter 13

Aelia

I can't believe that it has been a year already. Jake insisted on planning everything for our anniversary. He asked me to take the day off because he had plans for the whole day. Everything has been perfect until now. He organized a breakfast picnic in the backyard, and the whole place was decorated with beautiful flowers. After breakfast, we headed to the breathtaking beach, where we went on our first date. He took me on a glass-bottom boat trip where we saw stunning fish; we even saw dolphins. He tried to convince me that it was safe to swim with them, but there was no way I would get in the sea when we were this far from the shore, dolphins or not. We had lunch at Luis' restaurant and spent the rest of the day swimming before heading back home. He dropped me off five minutes ago and left. He said that I would find a bag in Mia's room and that I should be ready by seven p.m., which is in a little more than two hours. He didn't tell me where he was going.

When I enter the room, I find a black shoe box, a bag, and sunflowers, my favorites, on the bed. The little note on the bag says, 'Hope you like them. Love you.' In the bag, I find a stunning red dress, a little similar to the one I wore on my birthday. He loved that dress.

I immediately go to the bathroom. I only have two hours to get dressed, and my hair takes forever to wash. After drying my hair, which also takes forever, I slide into the dress. It fits perfectly. It's even more beautiful than I thought. I decide not to tie my hair up. He said he likes it when I do the middle part and let my hair fall over my shoulders. I also decide to go for light makeup. The dress is already doing all the work. I do put on Mia's favorite red lipstick, though. I was putting on the beautiful heels that were in the box when I hear a knock on the door.

"Elly, are you there?" Dylan asks.

"Yes, come in!" He opens the door and walks in. I stand up and do a little spin. "What do you think?"

"Perfect!"

"Thank you," I reply.

"You ready? I'm your chauffeur tonight!" He sits on the bed, looking in the empty bags and boxes I left there. I thought Jake would pick me up. I wonder where we are going.

"Yes, one minute." I check myself in the mirror one last time before following Dylan to Jake's car.

Less than half an hour later, we stop in front of Pop's. Dylan asks me to stay in the car, so I do. He gets out, runs into the restaurant, and comes back a minute later. He opens the door on my side and holds out his hand.

"Madam,"

I take his hand and get out of the car. He walks me to the restaurant and opens the door for me. Jake is waiting for me on the other side of the door. He is wearing a tuxedo, looking hot as hell. I realize that he also got a new haircut, it is just a little shorter, but it still makes a difference. He takes my hand from Dylan and kisses it.

"You are absolutely gorgeous."

He walks me through where all the tables usually are to the only table in the middle of the room. The whole place is decorated with beautiful flowers, and calm music is playing. We sit at the table, and he pours us wine. A few minutes later, Dylan, dressed as a waiter, walks in with our plates. He serves us the starter, main course, and dessert, then disappears for the rest of the night. We spend the night eating, talking, and dancing to slow music, just the two of us, in the huge, empty restaurant. This is the most romantic date night I've ever had.

It is already almost twelve when we get back home. Mia is working the night shift today and won't be home until tomorrow morning. I guess Austin went out with friends; he's not home either. When I get out of the shower, I find Jake sitting on his bed wearing nothing but his shorts, looking for a movie like I asked him to. I can't help but stare at him, I'm still not used to how hot he is, especially shirtless.