Always my home

It's been a week and I woke up today to a silent house. Pony wasn't in the bed next to me and I checked Darry's room and he wasn't there either. I walked out and looked for Soda on the couch, but he wasn't there. Then I realized I didn't check for Johnny. I ran back to Darry's room and walked to the other side of the bed and there was sweet little Johnny sound asleep. I glanced at the clock and it was pretty late so I carefully shook Johnny awake.

His eyes shot open and he jumped up in fear. "Hey, hey, Johnny its ok its just me." I said and held his shoulders. He took a deep breath of relief and quickly pulled me into a hug. "Good morning Johnnycakes." I said still hugging him.

Johnny just hugged me tighter before pulling away.

I got up and pulled him with me. We walked out of the room and into the kitchen. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked Johnny.

"I have a better idea, instead of making breakfast we should bake something. Like cupcakes or cookies." Johnny said smiling. "YES! I love that idea!" I said and grabbed a cupcake tray and a cookie sheet.

"Johnny get a bowl a spoon, sugar, salt, coco powder, baking powder, flour, milk, and two eggs. Then follow the recipe on the counter over here while I make the cookies and cupcake frosting." I said and Johnny started grabbing things.

I mixed up some cookie dough following Mrs.Curtis's recipe. I put as many cookies on the cookie sheet as I could and then took the left over dough and gave Johnny some and had some myself. We laughed at our naughty behavior. Mrs.Curtis always told me and Soda when we would bake with her, "Anna, Sodapop, don't eat the raw cookie dough, it had raw eggs in it." She would say. Me and soda did it anyway but I always remembered her telling us that.

As I thought about the past, I didn't notice that tears were falling from my eyes. "Anna why are you crying?" Johnny asked wrapping his arm around me for comfort. "Oh I was just thinking about Mrs.Curtis. I really miss her, Mr.Curtis too." I said and wiped my tears on my bare arm.

"How about we turn some music on!" Johnny said and ran over to the radio. "Jailhouse rock" by Elvis Presley came on and Johnny walked back into the kitchen.

We both looked at each other and nodded at the thought we shared in that moment. Johnny grabbed two spoons and threw one at me. I caught it and we sang and danced to the music.

The song ended and the oven beeped. I carefully took out the cookies and cupcakes and set them on the counter. Soon after we heard the door slam. "It smells amazing in here!" Soda shouted.

Pony then ran in the kitchen and gabbed me from behind and spun me around before carefully placing my feet back on the ground. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. I let go and me and Johnny started frosting the cupcakes.

When that was done we set the sweet treats on the table and everyone quickly gathered around to get one. Luckily me and Johnny made 24 of each, otherwise they would be gone in a second.

I was finishing cleaning the dishes when Pony came into the kitchen. "Hey Anna, wanna go on a walk?" Pony asked placing a hand on my shoulder. "Sure." I said smiling and setting the last dish on the drying rack. "I'll wait for you outside." Pony said and walked out of the kitchen.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and ran out the door. I met Pony on the porch and we walked off.

We were walking down the road when I saw two VERY familiar looking people. I looked closer and it hit me who they were. MY PARENTS!

I was hoping that they wouldn't see me but of course they did. "Oh my lord! ANNA! MY BABY!" My mother said and bolted across the street with my father. She hugged me and I quickly pushed her away. " Anna my baby, come home, were so sorry for what we did we miss you so much. Please come home baby." My mother said with pleading eyes. "No." Is all I said before trying to walk away.

My mother grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Anna please." She said. Pony was just standing there in shock. I covered my face with my hand. "Oh my gosh, Anna!" My mother yelled and grabbed my hand and examined my ring. "A-a-are you getting married." She said and smiled up at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes, " yes." I said and sighed again. "Who-who are you marring?" I smiled and looked at Ponyboy.

"Hi! I'm Tasha and this is Mike, were Anna's parents. It's wonderful to meet you, say, what's your name young man?" My mother said shaking Pony's hand. "Ponyboy Curtis." Pony said and yanked his hand away. She smiled at him and turned back to me. "Anna honey, come home." She said with those same pleading eyes. "No ma, I'm marring Pony and going to start a family with him, I'm not coming home. I also don't and will never forgive you for what you did to me." I Said and grabbed Pony's hand. "Goodbye ma and pa, It was nice seeing you again." I said and lightly smiled and waved a little before walking away.

Me and Pony walked home Hand in hand. We got back to the house and walked in. The whole gang was there sitting in the living room."hey Anna, hey Pony. How was the walk?" Soda asked. "You wouldn't believe who I saw." I said and plopped down beside Soda on the couch. "Who?" Dally asked. "My parents." I said and sighed. Everyone sat there, shocked.

"They asked me to come home and they know I'm getting married." I said. "Please tell me your not going home." Johnny said worried. "Of course not Johnnycakes, thats not my home anymore, this is." I said and looked around.

"This will always be my home." I said and smiled. Everyone got up and picked me up. We all laughed and group hugged after.

I love these boys, with all my heart. I couldn't imagine a life without them.

(There's another chapter! Hope you like it! STAY GOLD!🌅