♡ chapter three ♡

˖⁺‧₊˚♡˚₊‧⁺˖

The day went by pretty fast. After Chemistry and meeting my awful lab partner Beomgyu, I went to my other classes, then lunch where I ate with Alex. There we're a lot of people who wanted to sit with me actually, but I think Alex knew I was too overwhelmed with the unwanted attention, so he told his new friends he would just sit with me. 

It's kinda weird, my brother having tons of friends on the first day of school. I however, made zero. Well, at least I have a Yeonjun? Who by the way, also invited me to sit with him at lunch. He was actually the first one. I agreed because he had been nice to me, but when he introduced me to his friends, well...

"Everyone this is Ariana, we have English with her." Yeonjun says. I wave at the four boys sitting in front of me when I see him. 

We lock eyes and as soon as he realizes its me he rolls his eyes and leans back into his chair. I look down at my hands and immediately feel uncomfortable with the tension between us. 

"You already know Taehyun. Captain of the soccer team, but don't let him fool you, he is also the top of our class and the smartest out of all of us." Yeonjun says, Taehyun looks at me and gives me a half smile. 

"Nice to officially meet you Ariana. I like you, but your brother-"

"I might be new and you don't know me at all, but one thing you should know is that I don't tolerate anyone talking bad about my brother, especially to my face." 

Taehyun stands up in front of me and crosses his arms against his chest, two of the boys look at each other in fear, but I just keep my head up. 

"My brother is one of the least selfish people on this planet. And if you think he'd waltz right in this school and wanna take away your spot, you're wrong. He loves to play soccer, and that's what he'll do, so get used to it." I say

Taehyun stares at me for awhile, it feels like ages before he finally looked up at Yeonjun and smiles, "Like I said, I like her." He says before sitting back down, I smile at him before focusing on the other people at the table.

"I'm Soobin, the leader of Tomorrow by Together. It's really a honor to meet you Ariana, we're happy to have you." Soobin says with a sweet smile.

"Tomorrow by together? Is that like a club or something?" I say, the boys begin to laugh, except for Beomgyu, as I stand there awkwardly wondering what the hell they're laughing about. 

"We're a Kpop band, Tomorrow by Together, TXT for short. Gee, I would've guessed your step Dad would have told you all about us considering my Dad and him are close? But, guess not." Beomgyu says, taking a sip of his drink. 

That's when I get really angry. I scoff, "He isn't my step dad, and I don't like how you have a problem with me for absolutely no reason! I get it you might not want me as your lab partner, but seriously, you don't have to be such a as-" 

"Okay well, I'm Kai and honestly, I think I'm going to eat somewhere else." 

"What? No Kai, sit down you shouldn't-"

"I'll leave, it's fine. I'm sure I can find a seat pretty quickly if I try." I say, Yeonjun grabs my arm and tilts his head to look at me, "Are you sure? I'm sure Beomgyu didn't-" 

"No, he did. But its fine Yeonjun, I'll see you guys tomorrow." I say walking away with my tray of food. 

Yeah so, Yeonjun's friends first impression of me? Probably bad. But it isn't my fault, Beomgyu doesn't know me enough to call Eric my step Dad when he isn't. Plus, as soon as I sat beside him in Chemistry he was practically ready to rip my head off. For. no. reason.