08‚ him ²

lies
chapter eight : him ².
( warning: mature!! )

"What's your name?" I asked

I was sitting on my couch, looking at the gang leader that sat at my kitchen counter. He tilted his head, not giving me an answer as he continued to stare at me.

"Okay, then." I stretched out of nervousness and turned away from him. "So, why are you here again?" I asked, for what felt like the millionth time.

He got up from his seat and stalked over to me. "Rio." He said pausing behind my couch.

I stared up at him for a moment. "Mmh," I hummed, walking around the couch to meet him. "Your name, right?"

"Yeah," He rasped.

I held out my hand. "Valerie, but call me Val," I said, waiting for him to put his hand in mine, and when he did we firmly shook hands.

Why was I giving him my name and shaking hands with him again? Right, because even though he's a killer gangbanger, he's hot.

"Mmh," He stared, keeping his stance with his hands crossed in front of him.

Our eyes never moved from each other and I clicked my tongue, awkwardly shifting around. What was happening again? Is he gonna make a move? Is he waiting for me to make a move? Or am I just reading too much into this because I haven't been touched in a while?

The last one is definitely the answer.

I was getting nervous as we continued to stare each other down. Maybe the questions I had before were neither, maybe he actually was here to kill me. Why? I don't know, but it sounded more reasonable and realistic.

"You aren't gonna kill me, right?" I hastily asked, eyeing him as he stepped towards me.

"Nah," Rio looked away and licked his bottom lip, before turning his attention towards me. "I was actually thinking of doing the opposite."

"As in?" I didn't even know if I think I was doing it, maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, but I swear I inched closer to him as well.

"Your kids home?" He asked, his voice dropping as we were now even closer to the point where all I had to do was stand on my tip-toes a bit to reach his lips.

"Why?" I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

He shrugged, smirking down at me. "I can't have them hearing what I'm about to do to you."

My eyes widen and I tightly pushed my lips together to stop the smirk that was also forming on my face. "Oh, really?" I swayed a little.

He nodded again, dipping his head down, and stopping when his lips were lightly touching mine. "Really." He whispered against my lips.