𝟮𝟮.𝟮. - ​ꜱᴡᴋ & ᴍᴀᴄᴀQᴜᴇ

▌│█║▌║▌║║▌║▌║█│▌
𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛: n/a
𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚜: playful banter, flirting, wukong being wukong
𝚝𝚠: suggestive themes, threats of decapitation, implied nudity 

ɪ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴏɴᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴀɴʏ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴘᴏꜱᴛᴇᴅ/ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ/ᴇᴛᴄ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴇʀᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ.

▌│█║▌║▌║║▌║▌║█│▌

After the whole fiasco of nearly drowning and being mistaken as your brother's mistress, you and the rest of the group went back to Wukong place to finally sit down and chat.

As your eyes wandered, you noticed that the one that saved you were doing no better than you. Although, he didn't show many signs of being as affected as you were. Heck, the one called 'Macaque' was shirtless as he wrung out his clothes. The other one, 'Wukong' was more interested in getting up in your face and asking way too many questions.

Your teeth chattered as an occasionally shiver racked through your body. You held Azure's cape closer around yourself, it was currently the only thing keeping you guarded from the breeze and being exposed. Thankfully, your brother was more than generous to give up his cape to keep you warm.

Speaking of your brother, the lion frowned as he watched you shake like a leaf. He didn't want you to catch a cold, but you had no spare clothes on you to change into. To combat this, Azure promised to return quickly after he goes to your shared home to get you some dry clothes. This is how you ended up being alone with the two of them. 

 Your attention was stolen by the soft thump of Wukong flopping onto the table in front of you.

"So, lemme get this straight, you're Azure's sister?" Wukong rose a brow as his lips bent into a grin. "Y'know, I'm not really bright with the whole animal kingdom thing, but I'm pretty sure that red pandas and lions aren't related." 

You, whilst chuckling half-heartedly, replied with, "Yes, we may not share the same blood, but we're as close as any sibling ought to be." 

"Aww, ain't that sweet," Wukong glanced over his shoulder to eye Macaque. "You done over there?" 

"Yeah, they should be done within an hour or so," Macaque shifted his gaze away from the fire where your clothes were. He had just finished wringing most of them out before hanging them over the fire. 

His eyes landed on you and narrowed at your shivering. "Y'know, you can sit by the fire if you're still cold." 

"Oh, thank you," You accepted the offer and got up to walk over to Macaque. 

Just as you past Wukong, you felt something pinch you from behind. You jumped and whipped your head around to find Wukong looking in a different direction. You rolled your eyes and sped walked over to Macaque and sat on a rock near the fire.

"Better?" Macaque mumbled. 

You nodded as a soft smile grew on your face. Macaque smiled in return, but that smile disappeared as Wukong dropped between the two of you and started flapping his gums. 

"Y'know, for as long as we've known your brother, he hasn't mentioned anything about you to us...is there any reason for that?" Wukong tilted his head as he leaned closer towards you.

Macaque muttered, "Overstepping much?" 

"No, no, it's okay, I think he just wanted to keep my existence and ties to him as unknown as possible...after all, having enemies know who your loved ones are isn't really a nice thought to have," You tried to explain. 

"We get it," Macaque interrupted before Wukong could speak, to which the king pointed his glare at his friend. Macaque glared back, but softened his gaze as he smiled at you. "By the way, about the bug thing, we didn't mean to freak you out that badly and I want to apologize for deceiving you." 

"Hey, deceiving is a bit much, yeah? Maybe she shouldn't assume all bugs can't talk," Wukong teased as he bumped your shoulder. 

You giggled before retorting, "Well, maybe those bugs should've introduce themselves and not keep quiet while I almost spilled my guts to them." 

"Touché," Wukong smirked. "But, if 'deceiving' you means getting to see you like this-"

Suddenly, you were very aware of how bare you were as Wukong leaned  close enough until your noses were barely touching. You could feel your heart beat slam against your chest, and you were pretty sure he hear it too.

"-then I don't mind one bit." 

"And that means you also don't mind getting your head getting sliced by her brother's blade?" Macaque suddenly was between you two and shoved Wukong away, although his expression was playful, his tone had an edge to it. 

"Depends, but I think it'd be worth it, wouldn't you?" Wukong played it off coolly and shot his question back at Macaque. 

"I-" Macaque arched his back and felt a jolt go through his spine as he felt your small hand on his arm. He glanced over his shoulder to find your horrified expression, he rose a brow in confusion until he looked back at Wukong and what stood behind him. 

"...what with your faces...you're acting like Azure is-" Wukong paused when he felt someone's hot breath on his head. 

"Well shit," Wukong turned around and smiled at Azure. "Hey, buddy! What took you so long?" 

"Had to take a detour, but luckily I arrived when I did," Azure narrowed his eyes at Wukong before shifting his gaze to you. "Here." 

"Thank you," You stammered as you took the clothes. You stood up from the rock and turned to find a private place to change into.

As the trio watched you walk off, something popped into Wukong's mind at the wrong time. Before he could stop himself, the king blurted out, "Is she single?" 

Macaque cringed and decided to 'port out of there. 

Azure simply looked at Wukong, then slowly began reaching for his sword as Wukong kept staring in the direction you left in.