Chapter Ten

***3rd Person's POV***

Beth and Alex enter the court room, and sit in the side that they were assigned to. Beth can see Jacob, came to support her. She was feeling lucky to have him, even though what she put him through. She is glad, that she stayed with her through thick and thin. 

Alex, was nervous seeing Jacob in the court room because, he was not sure if he will be able to save her or not. He just wanted the best for them, and that meant keeping Beth out of prison. He knew that he could do it, but he was not sure if he had enough things to keep her out.

They were both thinking to themselves, until the bailiff announced this, "Everyone please rise, for Judge Rosie." They all stood up to show respect for her. She came in and took her sit at the judges chair, overlooking everyone in the court room.

"We may now begin, Mrs. Joy you will start us off." Stated Judge Rosie. "Very Well your honor, I must say the Beth Whitesides, she is guilty, she has so much evidence behind her, that I do believe that this court case is useless. Anyways my clients are her to prove her guilty for the murders of; Carter Reynolds, Taylor Caniff, Nash Grier, Cameron Dallas, Hayes Grier, Matthew Espinosa, Dillon Rupp, Jack Johnson, Aaron Carpenter, Samuel Wilkinson, Jack Gilinsky, Shawn Mendes, and finally Madison Beer." Said Joy.

"Mr Rojo, what do you have to say?" Asked Judge Rosie. " Your honor, well I have a way that my client does not have to go to prison." Said by Alex. "And how is that?" Asked  a confused Judge Rosie. "My client, Beth does community service everyday, she has done so much for this community, she helps in the soup kitchens, she donates to the needy, she helps clean the streets and the highway." Said Alex.

"That does not mean anything, she is guilt and needs to pay for what she did, she can not just leave this room roaming free with thirteen murders on her hands. She is helpless, and I believe thats she should just go and pay her time that she owes." Stated Joy.

"Yes, but didn't you pay attention to the things she did, after what she did, she helps out, she has made this town better and more safe. He has done everything in her power to make this town the best she can, she deserves, to have a free life." Stated Alex.

"I will have to take everything you both said under consideration, while I decide the verdict, we will take a short recess. " Said Judge Rosie.

After what happened in the court everyone exits to leave Judge Rosie alone to make her finale say, on what is going to happen to Beth.  When everyone exited the room, Beth and Alex go to the room, that they were in before the case started. Jacob was following right behind them.

***Beth's POV***

"Beth, I think this will go well, I brought up really good points, for you to stay out of prison. But I am not sure that it will be enough, for you to stay our of prison." Alex told me.

I look at him and sigh, I then say, "Whatever happens, happens. I will not hold a grudge against you, because, I am a lost cause, and I know that you tried your best."

He looks at me with a surprised face and says, "You are not a lost cause, I know that you can have a chance. Please don't give up on yourself right now."

I look at him, and say, "Fine, I will not give up on myself, but I will expect the worse."

He looks at me and says, "Okay, but I am going outside, to give you and Jacob time to talk about what is happening."

I just nod, and watch him leave the room, once he leave Jacob comes in. He walks up to me and gives me a big hug. God, I did miss his hugs so much, it felt good, to have another one.

He pulls us apart, and asks, "Why was I not taken into custody with you?"

I look him in the eyes and tell him, "Well I might have told them that I made you kill Madison, or I was going to kill both of you. I also, told that I made you hide me from them as well."

He looks like he was blowing up with anger. He then tells me, "Why would you do that, you could have made this even worse, no wonder they said you killed Madison."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to protect you, I wanted the kids to have at least one parent figure in their lives." I tell him

"Its okay, I know that you were doing it to benefit the kids and myself, and I respect that. But I just wanted to tell you that what ever happens, that I love you." He told me.

"I love you, and just know that if I am taken away, I give you permission to pursue a love life." I tell him.

"That  won't happen, because I picked you, I chose you, and nobody in this whole entire world can replace you my love." He says smoothly. 

"Jacob,  always know what to say, that is why I love you." I tell him.

He tells me he has to go, but before he does, we kiss. I am going to miss those nice plump, luscious lips. Now that I am alone, I start to think that what if I do get stuck in prison? Would it be selfish of me to keep Jacob, or should I set him free? What if he leaves me because he is embarrassed of me? If he does I deserve  it, I have caused him so much pain and suffering, I should just get locked up. Maybe that will be the best for the both of us. 

You know what, I am going to make it through this. I will not go to prison, because I know that Alex didi his job. I am hopeful that I will be free by the end of the day. I know that I will be able to see my kids after this. I know that they will be waiting for me. I will get through this.

Suddenly, someone taps me on the shoulder, I look up to see that it was Alex. He opens his mouth and says, "It is time to see what Judge Rosie will say about the case." When he said that, I got nervous again, but I just went with him to find out what will happen with me.