Part 2: Chapter 92

As Ali's eyes fluttered open, a gentle voice echoed in his mind, "I'm in love now. I'm in love with you. Isn't it ironic how I'm getting married to your brother? Please wake up and don't break my heart. I love you, Ali." The voice was like a whispered prayer, and it stirred something deep within him. He felt his strength returning, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

But as his gaze focused, he found himself in a hospital room, surrounded by strangers. A woman he'd never seen before smiled warmly and caressed his hand. "Son, you've woken up. Alhamdulillah!" she exclaimed, her eyes brimming with tears. Ali's confusion deepened. Who was this woman? He tried to speak, but his voice was hoarse. "Who are you?" he croaked, his throat parched.

The woman's smile faltered, and tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm... here to look after you," she said, her voice trembling. "I'm Hawwa." Ali's mind raced, trying to place her.

Ali felt a pang of pain in his chest as the image of Islam flashed again in his memory. "Are you okay?" Hawwa asked, scrutinizing him. "Yes, my chest hurts," he managed to say, wincing.

Just then, a nurse rushed in, her scrubs a stark contrast to the elegant woman beside him. "Let's do an X-ray to see what's going on. I'll speak with Doctor Fadil," she said, her eyes scanning Ali's face with a mix of concern and professionalism.

Hawwa looked worried, her brow furrowed. "We'll take care of that," the nurse reassured him. "I'll call the doctor."

As the nurse left, Sabrina burst into the room, her sequined gown shimmering like a rainbow. "Daddy!" she cried, flinging herself into Ali's arms. The pain in his chest subsided as he hugged her tightly, feeling a rush of affection.

Taslim, dressed in her brown abaya, entered the room, followed by Usman, who looked concerned. "How long have I been here?" Ali asked, his voice still weak.

"Four days," Tessie replied, her smile radiant. "Today's the fourth day."

Just then, Islam entered, her belted maxi dress and light kimono a stunning contrast to the sterile hospital surroundings. Ali's heart skipped a beat as their eyes met, and he felt a searing pain in his chest. "Get out!" he yelled, his voice echoing through the room.

Islam flinched, and Usman gripped Ali's shoulder. "Are you alright?" he asked, concern etched on his face. Ali nodded, still trying to process the turmoil within him. As Islam left the room, Ali felt a pang of regret, but the pain in his chest intensified, leaving him breathless.

"Go and call the doctor," Usman instructed Taslim, as Ali lay there, struggling to catch his breath. Sabrina rubbed his hands soothingly, and Ali whispered, "It hurts." The pain was a relentless drumbeat, echoing through his very being.

Doctor Fadil rushed in, his white lab coat fluttering behind him like a cloak, his stethoscope swinging from his neck like a pendulum. "What's wrong with him?" he asked, his voice firm and commanding, as he began to listen to Ali's heartbeat with his stethoscope.

Sabrina, on the verge of tears, cried out "Daddy!" as Taslim scooped her up in her arms and hastily exited the room, trying to comfort the distraught child.

Hawwa, her nerves frayed, peppered Doctor Fadil with anxious questions. "What's happening to him, doctor? What's going on?" Her voice trembled as she hovered beside Ali's bed.

The nurse burst back into the room, a stretcher in tow, followed by another nurse. Usman's hand remained clasped tightly around Ali's, as if willing him to stay alive. "Please don't die, or I'll kill you," he muttered, his voice laced with desperation.

Ali's pupils began to dilate, his eyes fluttering closed. Doctor Fadil swiftly took charge. "Let's get him to Radiology for an X-ray." He expertly transferred Ali to the stretcher and wheeled him out, a technician waiting to assist in the X-ray Room.