Epilogue

In my rose garden of memories,
I see you standing there,
An angel in disguise,
Who taught me how to care.

I long to hear your voice,
For real- not in my dreams.
I am missing you so much these days.
How empty my world seems.

People say time heals all wounds,
That someday the pain will subside,
but Mama, I can tell
I think they must have lied.

The emptiness I'm feeling now is strong and I am weak.
These days go by without you,
So dreary and so bleak.

In my rose garden of memories,
I know you'll always be,
For though you're gone from this mortal world,
In my heart you'll always be.
~Family friend poems~

~Mother's love~

Epilogue

A letter to my late mother

Dear mama, how have you been in heaven. I know it will never get to you but I'm writing this letter to keep you updated about us.

I can't believe I am sitting in front of your grave but I have to Mrs Islam Saleh.

Let's begin with our little family. We're now in our senior year and now seventeen. Baba has also gotten married again last year.

I've never seen him cried but he did the day you passed away at the hospital room where you died on your death bed.

He finally cared about his promise to you after I convinced him. He got married to auntie Michelle like you wanted and I'm very happy she's ready to accept our religion.

He's less tensed after he got married and I'm happy for him even though it's you I want to be with.

Mama, how are you doing in heaven? I know my questions will always be unanswered but Mama I know this will wash away the pain of losing you at eight.

Aryan is now the best hockey player in our school and he's just like you. I remember when you taught us how to play hockey when Baba was not back from work.

I was the worst player ever but you cheered me up making me feel I'm the best.

I also remembered when I came home late because I was following the moon to see where it ends. You're very worried and Baba scolded you for letting me out. I'm very sorry mama.

I am also keeping my promise to stay away from chewing gum boys. You said in highschool the boys were like chewing gum, they use girls and dump them. It was like buying chewing gum and chewing it but when the sweetness vanished it becomes useless and dump it for another one. This is why I'm not dating.