First Report

Cole's arm was fully healed when Nya and Kai were introduced to the group. Jay, while still close to Cole, spent a lot of his time with Nya, trying to impress her. Cole felt an unexplainable feeling whenever he saw them together, and he hated it.

All he wanted was to see the two apart. He wanted to be with Jay all of the time.

Yet, he couldn't explain this feeling.

He highly doubted that Alek would want to hear him ramble on about Jay in his first report. He crouched in the dragon stables, pulling out his work issued tablet. He swiped through it, clicking on the call icon.

There was only two contacts in his list. Alek and the Big Man. Cole's finger hovered over the first contact before he slowly tapped it. It rang and Alek soon answered.

"Cole, anything to report on your mission and the ninja?" Alek asked immediately without even a simple hello.

"They seem to trust me without any problems. Sensei believes I'm one of his four chosen ones."

"Good, good. Keep blending in and gaining their trust."

Cole nodded then paused. "Forgive me, I have a question. Do I have to kill them?"

"Not yet. We'll give you the signal when it is time." Alek smirked creepily. "We'll be doing a heist later this week that is very essential. We cannot have the ninja in the way, find a way to keep them busy and make sure they do not detect that something's going on near the edge of town. Got it?"

"Got it, sir," Cole's voice was monotone. His eyes dulled, losing the light that had started growing during his time with the ninja.

"Remember, young one. We're trusting you by not putting a camera to check on you so you better not get distracted. If you do, there will be major consequences. The Big Man will be very disappointed in you."

Cole nodded, saluting him. "Noted. Thank you for this opportunity."

Alek hung up, leaving Cole in silence behind his dragon's stable. He sat there for a good long while, hugging his knees.

A lot of him didn't want to go through with this anymore. The others had quickly become his family. Family doesn't hurt family...

Right?