Violet - March 6, 1999

Violet Burlington
304 Penrose St
PH #1
New York, NY 10022
USA

Prince Luke of La Gracía
Royal Family Personal Communications
Camellia Royal Place and Castle
Cøllette, La Gracía 000-01
La Gracía

March 6, 1999

Dear Prince Luke,

I would never hate that; of course you can. And it's alright that mine has to stay like this while yours doesn't. I actually think it's a little bit funny.

And no, I would never make fun of you for that. Maybe just tease a little bit but nothing more. ◡̈ If it gets too scary you can always put it in the freezer to protect you (this is a joke that will be funnier later, I promise). Also, you're definitely right about Ross. I'm glad to know you're not his biggest fan either.

I'm glad you and Valentina are having a relaxing week at home. That's the perfect time to never get out of pajamas and just do nothing, especially while it's still winter. And I'm really glad the cold medicine is working. Wish I was there to hug both of you.

Mostly, since I've been home I've gone to a couple museum openings for my friends and spent a lot of time out in the city or at my brother's because my parents have been fighting a lot. Sorry if I'm oversharing, but since you've confided in me, I figured I would try the same. I don't mean to impose on your time.

Things here are a lot better now than before. Sage and I have a long time childhood friend named Connor and the three of us have always been a kind of trio, and he was feeling a bit left out because of the Ball. I don't want to bore you with the details or anything but he was just mad at Sage and I around my birthday too. He apologized, though, and everything's okay again. Even though we can get on each other's nerves, he really is a good person and would never hurt me on purpose.

Sage and Michael are doing well and I know they appreciate and value your opinion of them. For the record, they think you're pretty cool too. Speaking of Michael, I meant to ask you- he offered to accompany me to the festival, too, so he can cover the photography portion and I can focus on taking notes. Would that be okay?

Twelve days still feels like a long time, but it's closer than before. Missing you too.

Violet

P.S. Alright... I'm sure you saw the size of the envelope and knew this one wasn't just a letter. The moment of truth is upon us. Killer Culture Issue #184. You'll finally read what I've written, which is nothing short of terrifying.

P.P.S.  I remember you joking that you weren't looking forward to your face being everywhere because of it. And I could also tell that it wasn't a joke. I included the excerpt on office paper so you can have it without the cover.

P.P.P.S. So, don't worry. You're way too humble to make you an egotist for a 'congratulations' on my article. Which I appreciated a lot, by the way.