Pet Sitter Bose

Thursday

The Man's Nest

Schwoz and Ray are talking, Mika and Miles are arguing, and Bose is trying to do The Cat's Cradle with a piece of string but to no avail. His hands all all tangled up in string.

Chapa arrives.

Chapa:"Hey guys!"

Everyone greets her.

Bose now has string all over his body.

Bose:"How did this happen?! How does this keep happening?!(referring to Bilsky's Billions)"

Chapa:"Here, let me help you."

Chapa helps Bose get untangled from the string.

Bose:"Thank you."

Chapa:"No problem! How did this happen away?"

Chapa places a hand on Bose's cheek and Bose blushes at her soft touch.

Bose looks up at Chapa, embarrassed, borderline terrified.

Bose bites his bottom lip and tries to explain.

Bose:(Blushing)"Well, uh, I was um, trying to do, the uh, The Cat's Cradle with a piece of string and then...you know the rest."

Chapa:"Bose..." Her laugh is light through her breath, lighter than her touch against his cheek.

Chapa:"You're adorable, you know that?"

Bose shrugs.

Bose:"I've been told so."

Chapa:"Anyway! I need you to do me a favor!"

Bose:"Sure! Anything for you, Chaps!"

Chapa:"Well, this weekend my family and I are going out of town to visit my cousins, aunt, and uncle, and we'll be back on Monday. But, I need someone to pet sit my Parakeet Emmet."

Bose:"What's a "Parmameet?"

Chapa:"Parakeet." Chapa corrected Bose.

Chapa:"It's a type of bird."

Bose:"And won't pet sitting hurt your bird?"

Chapa:"Bose, "Pet sitting" is where someone watches another person's pet while the other person is away. Anyway, I need someone to watch my bird."

Chapa leans close to Bose and speaks softly to him.

Chapa:"Do you think you can do that?"

Bose blushes due to Chapa being so close to him.

Bose:"Um, sure! Yeah, I can watch him! You can count on me, Chaps!"

Chapa smiles.

Chapa:"Great!"

The next day

Friday

Chapa's house

Chapa's living room

Bose, Chapa, and Chapa's pet bird, Emmet, are in the living room. Emmet is a beautiful white parakeet.

Chapa is ready to leave and she is giving Bose instructions on how to care for her pet bird.

Chapa:"Bose, meet Emmet!"

Bose:(Smiling)"Hi Emmet!"

Chapa heaves a big sack of bird food.

Chapa:"Okay Bose, this is Emmet's food. Feed him twice a day."

Bose:"This whole sack?!"

Chapa:(Shaking her head)"No,(holds up a red cup)just a cup's worth.(hands Bose a list)And here's a list of what to do and what NOT to do."