Royal Fever

Everything was spinning for Cobra.

His breath was shallow and cold as his body was heating up. Like a tired child, his eyes were heavy but he didn't want to sleep.

Jade: Are you okay? Did your wounds get infected?

Cobra: I'm... Fine...

He clutched the briefcase filled with his reward from Hylda but that somehow was the most difficult thing to do. Even after all the fighting Cobra still tried to battle against his exhaustion.

It was the only battle he lost as his eyes would close for what felt like seconds before he realized it was much longer.

Opening them he would find a different environment and time of day as Jade worrisomely drove on in her truck with him and Mittens.

The monster cat was probably most aware of what Cobra was going through as he instinctively sat in the far corner of the truck.

Cobra:(mind) This isn't normal...

Cobra:(mind) Ever since my dip in monster blood, I've never gotten sick...

Cobra:(mind) This... This is... Is......

....

....

....

Cobra:!?

Cobra:(mind) What's going-

It happened again, his skip through consciousness.

He was now in the back seat of Jade's truck, as she had finally had enough and with great effort put him there so she could check his wounds.

Jade: Your wounds... They're practically gone-

Cobra: How long have I been out?

Jade: Little over two days... How do you feel?

Cobra:... Thirsty... Got any milk in those jugs?

Jade:...

Jade: I'd smack you if you didn't look like you were dying.

Cobra:(points at bottles) I was talking about those...

Jade: You know how it was phrased.

Cobra:... Maybe.

Jade: I don't have "milk" but I do have water.

Giving Cobra water, he chugs it all down. But that act seemed to backfire as he felt his whole body heat up as if it just received the coolant it was looking for.

Cobra: Uggh!

Jade: You have a high fever...

Cobra: This sickness... The timing is too perfect... It's gotta be some type of attack...

Jade: Attack?

Cobra: Maybe some kind of biological weapon meant to target me...

Mittens: Meow...

Cobra/Jade:?

Jade: Evolution?

Cobra: Just... Just...

He falls back into some type of hibernation state.

(Opening Theme)

Cobra awoke days later in the truck as it entered a small town in the middle of the night.

Cobra: Shit... Again...?