EIGHTEEN

Previously...

Claudia didn't know if she wanted him to remember this or not, but she made an impulsive decision to leave without waking him up.

But as soon as she opened his door to leave, a hand slammed down on the door making her turn around wide eyed to face Charles who had a slight look of hurt in his eyes.

~

The air between the two was awkward and nobody knew what to say. Claudia specifically wanted to leave without him waking up to skip this part but unfortunately for her, it didn't go her way. She refused to look Charles in the eye and was looking everywhere to avoid his eyes boring into her.

Charles knew that things wouldn't be perfect in the morning but he never took her as the type to leave after sex without telling anyone. He would be lying if he said he wasn't hurt when he saw she was gone in his bed and found her trying to leave quietly.

"Were you really trying to leave without waking me up?" He questioned her and she finally looked him in the eye and could see the hurt in them.

"Yes." She says without hesitation, with no emotion in her voice and she could see him look taken back at the harshness.

Charles was about to ask why but Claudia speaks up before he could and she laughs.

"You couldn't possibly believe that we were actually going to become a thing Charles? Last night was a mistake and it's one i'll never make again." She tells him him sternly thinking that if she put on her bitchy front, he'll forget he ever liked her. "And to be honest, i don't even remember anything after we danced so..." Lie. She remembered everything and she hated it.

Charles flinched back at the harshness of her voice as he has never been on the receiving end of it. But deep down he knew she was lying and he wouldn't let her walk away so easily.

He raised an eyebrow at her as a wave of sudden boldness came over him and he tilted his head. "You don't remember anything? You don't remember my head between your thighs or my hand wrapped around your throat as you quivered beneath me?" As he was talking, he was stepping closer to her making her back up against the wall.

She rolled her eyes is annoyance and pushes him back slightly and she walks away from the door with him following right behind. "Claudia lets just talk this through calmly, alright? We can get through this and make this work." His gaze softens and he gently grabs her hand which she immediately takes back and shakes her hand.

"No...No! There is no us! There never was and there will never be an us! Jesus, what the fuck is wrong with you?" Claudia groans into her hands and looked around frustrated. She never thought that one party would lead to her and Charles arguing in his apartment after having sex.

Charles felt hurt run through his chest as she was talking. He had honestly thought that after the night they shared together, things would've been good and she wouldn't be afraid to let him in. But sadly it had gone in quite the opposite direction.

"Fuck Charles! Why are you doing this? Why are you saying all this random nonsense right now?" She exclaimed loudly and he sighs and walks toward her.

He cups her face in his hands and makes her look at him. "Because I love you Claudia. From the mo- from the moment i saw you smiling in your psg jersey looking happier than ever." His eyes began to water.

She scoffed and removed his hands from her and kept shaking her head. "Oh my god, Charles you don't love me! You don't even know me! God how can you be so fucking delusional?"

He decided to ignore the harsh words she kept throwing at him and grabbed onto her arm to get her attention.

"Can you honestly say that these past few months have meant nothing to you and that you don't feel
anything for me?"