NINETEEN

It was the day Claudia had been dreading. Psg vs Barcelona. After that disaster of the morning she had with Charles, she flew back home instantly to clear her mind. She needed to be stress free to play against her old team, it was already hard enough that she had to face her old coach, but now she had Charles on her mind.

She had obviously received lectures from everyone and how she went about the situation. Claudia knew she was in the wrong and she should apologize as soon as possible but couldn't help but think that maybe after all this, he could move on and actually find him a girl who can be exactly what he wants. Neymar, Kylian and Rory had let the girl fly alone with Daphne back to France considering they knew if they tried to get her to talk to them, she would've blew up even more. But at least she was kind enough to leave her private jet for them to fly back as she felt bad that she was leaving them, but they understood.

Now she was with the rest of the psg team on their way to Barcelona for the match. She had her airpods in and was sitting by herself with her eyes closed when she suddenly felt someone sit next to her. She looks over and sees Messi sitting next to her with a comforting smile and she pauses her music.

"You okay?" It was a simple question but it was enough to make her talk. Or maybe it was because she couldn't ignore Messi.

"Yeah, just feeling a bit stressed." She takes out her airpods and leans back into her seat giving Messi her full attention.

"Look i won't make you talk, but if you need anything, just know i'm here. I know the drama you have with Barcelona and i know you're nervous to face him again, but we're all going to be right beside you." He puts his hand on her shoulder and she looks down while slightly biting her lower lip.

"I'm just scared that when i see him again, i'm going to be my 18 year old self again and feel weak. And i honestly don't know what to do, i- i just feel so defeated."

Over the years she's been with psg, she's never had to play against barcelona. The first year, she had covid and had to quarantine in her house so she missed that game. And during the second year, she had a knee injury which led to her being out for a few months. Fans thought that it was suspicious that she was somehow always gone during the matches with barcelona but she didn't think to much into it, as she did have real excuses.

Messi hated that she always felt like she was never enough. Of course everyone in the sports industry knew of the drama with her father and knew of his daughter who dreamt of being a football player. He also hated how the team he used to play for, treated her so badly to the point she started to believe what they were saying and felt like she wasn't pulling her weight. "Now i'm not going to force you into this, but have you ever tried talking to a therapist?"

"Lewis tried about a year ago, but i never ended up going." She lets out truthfully.

"I completely understand if you don't want to go, but i can give my therapist your contact and set up an appointment for you. She also does online sessions so you don't have to see her in person. But i've been with her for a few years and she's very understanding and takes it your pace. She's helped me a lot throughout the years and maybe she can help you." He offers her and Claudia thinks about it for a few minutes before finally deciding.

"Okay...i'll do it." She simply nods and Messi lets out a smile. "Awesome! I'll let her know when you're coming and you can go from there. But remember, if you feel uncomfortable about any topic during the session, tell her and she'll understand."

She nods again and lets him have her phone, so he can put the contact in and her information.

~