19

F1 news

Melissa Adams, a recently retired karting coach, opens up about the dark side of karting and everything she witnessed during her coaching career. In her article, she discusses the extreme danger and pressure of the sport, as well as the toxic environment that surrounds it.

"I wish I could have done more for these kids," she says, "but the fact is that the worst parents are usually the ones with the most power."

She also mentions a particular case that sparks a huge controversy in the f1 sport.

"Unfortunately, many parents put a lot of pressure on their children, but I recall one particular case. Everyone had doubts about the child being abused, but no one did anything. It was bad enough that an investigation was launched, but no one came forward. It broke my heart to see how things got worse over time. I tried everything I could, but I couldn't talk to anyone or do anything."

Many fans were perplexed as to who the driver was. Many people assumed that the driver mentioned was F1 star Max Verstappen due to the multiple allegations against his father Jos. However, a Belgian article was published in 2013 about an investigation conducted against Rose Derosier, the mother of Formula One driver Amadeus Sevilla. When Amadeus returned to him that summer with stitches and bruising, his father,  Gabriel Sevilla, accused his ex-wife, Red bull engineer, of child abuse. An investigation was launched, and numerous witnesses were questioned, but no results were obtained.

Pictures are now being released of the driver in his youth that show signs of distress between him and his mother .

...

Amadeus had buried everything behind him. He moved on.

But now Everyone knew and everyone was digging everything up. It was like Pandora's box was opened Everyone's eyes were on him. Looks of pity were coming his way. Amadeus had completely shut down. He wanted it all to just stop.

The Spa paddock was extremely tense. It all started in Barcelona and now in Belgium, amadeus was close to his breaking point. He felt like everyone could see through him.

Max pov:

Everyone knew what was going on. The media found a story they could milk and they were now leaching onto amadeus. Questions left and right and cameras shoved in his face. Max could see amadeus shutting down in real time. Everyone would think he looked unaffected but Max could see through it all, he was about to break. His answers at the press conference were clipped and short. His face is serious and unchanging. Max wasn't surprised to see.

He was denying everything. Every accusation about his mom's abuse, he denied it. Max remembers how tense the conference was. He could feel the tension as soon as he walked in. With everything going on and it being Amadeus's home race barely anyone got any questions.

"Amadeus over the weekend allegations about your mom and your time during karting had arisen as I am sure you have heard. If these accusations are true why did you not report anything how did it keep happening for so long"

"I don't understand the point of these questions," he says clenching his jaw tightly."My mother is dead, both my parents are. There is no point in opening this box. She did what was best for me that is all, only ask questions about this weekend please, or don't ask anything at all"

The rest of the conference was extremely tense for everyone.

...

Max was standing in the paddock after qualifying and catching up with Daniel when they both saw a storm of black and red rushing past them Sandra trying to keep up with him. She finally held his arm making him stop and turn to her. Amadeus looked furious his eyes dark and tired. Sandra was trying to calm him down she whispered something quietly to him trying to calm him down. She held his arm and pulled him to what Max assumed was his driver's room.

Max watched as Daniel took in the scene. His smile immediately dropped and concern drowned his face.

"Maybe I should..you know go check on him," Daniel said as he continued to stare in the direction amadeus disappeared in.

Max looked at him softly

"maybe you shouldn't"

"why?"

"do you like amadeus, Daniel?" Max asked suddenly.

"wh- I mean yeah as a friend course, you know he's a good guy" Daniel let out a panicked reply

Max frowned slightly confused by his friend's tone, Daniel was being weird and not his normal weird.

" Then wait till he calms down, right now he will say things he doesn't mean things that will probably hurt you ."

Daniel's gaze softened as he listened to what Max said. he nods his head

"You do the same thing by the way"

"I know" Max replied, "We are more alike than you think the only difference is I accept that side of me, and amadeus refuses to acknowledge it."

....

Amadeus just wanted to focus on today's race. He had qualified in 3rd and was hoping for another win. 

He just wanted it to end. He thought that after moving out he would never have to revisit his past again he wouldn't have to deal with any of this again. But everyone was prying and asking questions and he felt every memory and every punch come back.

Amadeus hasn't been sleeping. everything that he's shoved into a box labeled "traumatic please do not open" has been blasted full force into his face. He's having nightmares and panic attacks and is starting to slip up in front of the media.

Now all he had to think about was drive.

It was raining really badly. There was barely any grip on the track but Amadeus was good in the rain, he had been left enough in the rain as a kid for it to pay off.

Commentator:
"The race is yet to be redflagged and it seems that the rain is not letting on."

"We have a fight for third currently taking place between two of the best drivers in these conditions. Amadeus is defending Max Verstappen. The Redbull is closing in on the Lamborghini in that corner WILL HE MAKE IT  oh it seems he doesn't "

Amadeus was defending the Red Bull behind him while barely being able to see the track through his visor.

"The rain is getting very strong and Max was saying that his front tires are slipping around "

"I have no grip guys!" Amadeus shouted over the radio.

"Verstappen is very close Amadeus"

That was all he heard before he spun off the track. The entire side of the car had slammed into the barrier. His ears were ringing violently and he felt like he couldn't move. He kept hearing muffled sounds.

"Amadeus are you okay, Amadeus can you hear me" he heard over the radio

"Are you okay Amadeus, can you move? "

"ughh, i" he groaned

"Amadeus the race is red-flagged and the Marshalls are on their way"

He wasn't going to get an answer, he let out a broken sigh

"How's the damage to the car?" Amadeus asked lowly his voice rough.

"The Marshalls are on their way, Amadeus"

He sighed as he rested his head back.

He held onto the halo and tried to pull himself out his ribs hurt and his neck was sore.

The adrenaline was wearing off and the pain was setting in.

...