28

off-season- Barcelona 

"mijo, please bring the dishes and set the table, and Diego enough fifa help your cousin" Maria shouted from the kitchen. 

amadeus looked to Diego, taking the controller, and removing his headset,  Diego looked at him cheekily, a finger to his lips. 

amadeus winked at him and ruffled the elleven year olds hair as he got up to help Maria.

 as soon as he entered the kitchen he saw pots and different foods everywhere.

"what is all this Maria, you said you cooked something small" he laughed not at all surprised.

"oi, just take the food out, how many times do you visit, I only have little time to feed you, you don't eat good on your own" she exclaimed as she ran around the kitchen.

"im not eating all of this, it's too much" he laughed

"then you take it with you," she said firmly

"take it with me to Belgium?" he asked mockingly.

"Don't be smart with me"

amadeus smiled.

as he carried the pots out, he paused sniffing the air, 

"is that gazpacho," he asked excitedly

"of course Deus your favorite"

he smiled like a kid, grabbing a spoonful unable to resist.

"ayy don't eat now, we all eat at the table"

she said snatching the spoon from him. 

"come on Ria don't go full mama mode on me just because your kid is here" he laughed

"shhhh Deus if you listen to me he will listen to me" she scolded in a whisper amadeus giggling in front of her.

amadeus set up the table as they all sat down. 

"headset off the table Diego" she sighed.

Diego grumbled as he walked back with the headset. 

"he's going to drive me insane, I shouldn't have had a kid at twenty one what was I thinking" she sighed. 

"you weren't thinking...but we both know you wouldn't change a thing...come on Maria he's a good kid let him have fun"

"I wouldn't change a thing...just this age is very difficult," she complained.

"I'm sure I was like that too," he said jokingly

her voice softened "You were a great kid, Deus, any parent's dream" 

he grimaced slightly,

"Where is David, is he not joining us" wondering where Maria's husband was. 

"He went to Madrid this morning for work"