Chapter 7~ New Year

Hey peeps! In this one, there will be povs. Hope you don't get too mixed up<3

Last year was pretty quiet for Mikey and Az. No issue had been on the main except for threats of Mantis attempting to rob businesses and other complexes. Other than that, it was a quiet winter towards the new year.

A special someone in his life was finally returning home after spending over 5 years overseas to study. She is the light of his life after being abandoned by their parents at an early age. He protected her, made sure she ate, and kept her warm until their old man at the gym found them. She was flying from Japan, a well-versed school she attended.

POV Valeria 

Your flight had finally landed. You've been dreading for so long to come back home, especially seeing your older brother for the first time since he dropped you off here. You cried when you left and you'll certainly cry when you see him. The route of exiting flights and exiting the boarding area had never changed, always full of people and messy situations with kids everywhere. But, your stepping had never slowed down because you were too excited to see him, tears were already starting to bubble up on your water line as you pulled your cart full, about 4 luggage. 

As soon as you passed a few more people with a slight hop to your step, you finally see the automatic doors open from people passing through it, only to be met by a familiar smile on the face of your brother. Wearing nothing but his favorite jacket, jeans, and high tops. He wasn't one to have different coloured outfits which still made you laugh compared to your own style. "Mikey!!" your voice screamed with a hint of excitement, enough to have his attention within just seconds even though his eyes were already on you. You smiled brightly as you dropped the handle of the cart and ran to hug him tightly. You both shared a strong hug, lifting you up like it has been forever. "Val! My god, it's been too long! I've missed you so much" he hugged you once more after he'd settled you down. You whipped away your happy tears before running back to your cart to bring your luggage closer.

"We should hurry back to my place, reservation is in 1hr. I think you'll need to wear something fancier, sis" He stated before helping you put your luggage in the borrowed vehicle "I don't have a car with enough space. So I asked my friend to lend me one. I knew you'd be coming down with a shit load of luggage" he stated with a smile as you both finally sat in your seats. 

 Starting the car and exiting the airport terminals. You both shared many stories from the past and what's been going on on your side. He was happy to see you've been enjoying your studies and making new friends, along with speaking a whole different language, that was new to him. He was impressed. 

When the vehicle approached a home, your eyes opened wide the moment the vehicle turned into a long driveway of a home "Were home" He stated. You told him how much things had changed and this wasn't even near what you had left behind before leaving for Japan. 

"I'm proud of you," you told him, a smile rose up as you grabbed his hand. Once parked, the both of you helped each other with the luggage to your room after unlocking the front door. He advised you once more to hurry. Luckily it wouldn't take you long to get ready. You had already showered on the airplane, given how long the flight took. And your makeup was already on, just needed a faint touch. The outfit you wore was a beige skim-tight dress with a matching coat and 5'' heels. You were short, about 5'5" so it fit perfectly. "I'm ready!" you screamed from your room to him as he too got himself out of his room with an entirely black suit with a silver pin on the jacket with his initials. You both smiled and headed your way down, locking the door of the house before settling into the Rx7. There were about 15 minutes left when they both left home. As soon as you both arrived at the restaurant, he helped you out of the vehicle and made your way in with your arm wrapped around his. It felt refreshing to be next to your brother but also to be invited to a wonderful restaurant with him for your first night back home.