Internal Roses

Who knew just speaking to someone would create such happiness.

A rose growing internally. Petals of many colors and only a single scent is found.

The fire that burns inside with anger is put out with a mist of love. A kiss of hope.

A look that'll send shivers of ice down one's body, enough to startle my mind.

Words of hope spoken from itself. Words that actually have meaning.

Words that I look forward to seeing every single morning, every night.

The comfort knowing I can trust someone echoes throughout my skull.

Even if this is true, reality questions still lurk inside.

Have I finally found an eye in my storm? A break from those howling winds.

Will that comfort stay with me after the eye disappears? Or will it run for the hills to find a new life?

For once I think I trust this hope. I never want the rose inside of me to die.

I wish that it'll blossom for all of eternity.

I wish for his vines to hold mine. No thorn will ever keep us apart.

Although, this might all be a dream that I might never want to awake from.

What spell has kept me along for this long, yet I know it's not long enough.

If there ever is an unwanted end, maybe a wonderful bush of memories will thrive.

Until then, I'll keep smelling the roses, and cherishing them individually.

For all I know, our rose is growing.

And no thorn will keep it from doing so.