Embarassment

" Hey Sooji " Isla says, singing

" What? " I snap, too tired to succumb to my sister's jolly mood

" Your ' Turning 19 ' ceremony is next year, this date! " Isla claps, smiling brightly " But what about your fiancée though? He has to attend " she concludes, striking up a thinking pose

" I don't even know who my fiancée is! Father just told me he is a good King's son, handsome...." Sooji trails off, eyeing at her sister's malicious look, " Don't you dare go on telling everyone that I'm in love with a guy I never met " Sooji huffs tiredly, and kicks off to her bed, trying to see through her window to check if Hyuntae's camp was there for the hundredth time, but in vain, she sighed and turned away form Isla, who was being summoned by Prince Jeon to his castle.

 As if on cue her stomach growled hungrily, and it made Sooji feel bad. She didn't eat much that day - mostly because she was so tired of attending a boring party where her father had been forcing her to have fun - and she wanted nothing more than to go back to the safety of her bedroom. Away from the royal life she has to endure. And now, she has to attend a stupid thing called "turning nineteen", a day Sooji was dreading. She had to attend this ceremony with her fiancée, who she was sure was not turning up any time soon. 

" Sooji, your fever is an idiot! He had to come at the exact time of your fiancée ' Turning 19 ' ceremony! " Isla had said as she pounced into her room that day

Her fiancée was actually turning to age today, today, was his ceremony. But the bad luck she has, Sooji has been bedridden with severe fever these few days and she hasn't really slept well at all. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and her eyes felt crusty and dry and Sooji hated everything. It wasn't helping her sleep either, or to stop feeling miserable. As if her body knew she had to be miserable to make herself sleep better. 

I even hated myself, I felt like I had let my fiancée down, not turning up at his ceremony, mine is still a year away, a long time, but what if my fiancée does the same to me? Not turning up at my ceremony? The embarrassment it would cause to my reputation and Arundel's? And I'll be alone, without someone else to support me. So what if people think that I don't care about their opinions about me? People will talk about how I'm a disgrace as a King's daughter. They're right. Even now as I think about it.