A Night Out

It was the year 1986 and the sun was setting. y/n was getting ready for a night out with Eddie Munson it was their first real date and she was nervous. They had been classmates for years but they had never hung out outside of school before, she hoped everything would go well.
as y/n walked outside she l saw Eddie leaning against his van he looked up and smiled at her as she walked over.
"You look great," he said
"Thanks so do you," y/n replied
Eddie opened the door for her and they drove to the drive-in theater.
When they got there they parked the van and unpacked their snacks. Eddie had brought burgers, fries and soda y/n was impressed.
They watched the movie but they both knew that wasn't why they were there. They were there to enjoy each other's company during the movie they talked about their senior year and their summer plans.
As the movie ended, Eddie turned to y/n with smile.
"y/n I know we've been friends for a long time but I want to be more than friends. Will you go out with me?"
y/n felt her heart skip a beat she knew she liked him but hearing him say those words was something else, she turned to him and smiled.
"Yes, I'd like that very much."
They drove back to y/n's house and as they pulled up Eddie leaned over and kissed her it was sweet and gentle and she felt like she was on top of the world.
Eddie walked y/n to her front door and they kissed again it was like magic.
As they parted ways they both felt like this was just the beginning of something amazing.