GamblerKouji

Gamblerkouji - Ayanokouji Kiyotaka yearns for freedom, so he manages to go to the ANHS for this, however, what he could not predict was the oddity of the school itself, which had devolved into a den for gambling.

@YogurtNature Gave me the idea.

*Ayanokouji POV*

The Advanced Nurturing Highschool, or the ANHS is a government-funded institution boasting an impressive 100% employment rate. The multiple facilities advertised on the pamphlet were enough to beguile a large portion of the populace of Japan. 

Most people were entranced by the 100% employment rate, as this was by far the biggest feature of the school, however, my own objective for securing a position as a student in this school was atypical in comparison to others my age.

'No contact with the outside world.'

This one rule could be considered my main reason for registering for the admissions test, the school itself was a safe haven for me.

Even if this was the case, what I experienced wasn't what I had expected.

This school was different from what It had been advertised as and even more unique that I had previously envisioned.

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, you are to report to the principals office."

A speaker rang throughout the still classroom, devoid of any communication, any sound other than the raspy breaths of my classmates.

I get up, noticing the particularly ugly gaze of a student, his facial features twisting at the announcement. After all, if I were to do something wrong, it would lower the influx of private points. It would lower chances of gambling ones way to Class A.

That's correct, class competition was now decided via gambling. There was nothing the school itself could do regarding this though.

As I slowly made my way to the principal's office, I looked down at my phone, staring at my point balance.

My current balance read exactly two million and ninety-eight thousand, seven hundred and eighty-six. This number far exceeded the amount many other students had made, however I had adjusted to the lifestyle of the school where gambling was not only a source of entertainment and private points, but even status.

My point balance was extremely high, but I had spent my time playing high stakes games, winning some and losing some on purpose, thus I was considered average, even though my balance of points was absurd.

I reached the door to the principals office, my hand rested on the door handle, wondering what might happen. As I slowly pushed down on the handle and swung the door open, I was met with a man who had grizzled hair, and a weathered face - a permanent smile etched upon his countenance. He sat upright on a sofa, a cup of black tea placed to his right, on the table.

"You aren't the principal..." I remarked, waiting by the door.

"Please, take a seat Ayanokouji Kiyotaka." The man invited, his deep voice betraying any intimidation factor by his soft tone.

While I sat myself down, his gaze followed my movement.

He brought the cup of black tea up to his lips, taking a short sip before speaking.

"You're correct in saying i'm not the principal, rather i'm the chairman of this institution. You may call me Chairman Sakayanagi." He introduced himself, his warm smile not leaving his face even though I could feel his unease while he stared at me.

"May I ask why you decided to call me here, chairman?"

"Ah, truth be told..." His warm smile abruptly disappeared, quickly replaced by monotonous facial expression, "Whiteroom."