Magical Elites.

Enjoy ;)

The infinite number of raindrops collided with the cold, hard floor of the empty street. The darkness almost encroached on all areas of light, even the street light had been snuffed of its radiance. A lone figure stood in the center of the road, evidently in a coat and both hands in pockets. The coat fluttered in the face of the howling wind, and yet...the rain did not influence the figure whatsoever. He remained completely dry.

A flash of lightning strikes the street that the man stands on, and yet he remains unfazed. He continues to stand patiently and unmoving.

From across the street, another shadowy figure saunters out of the dark. In its hand is a lit cigarette. Even the light of the cigarette barely illuminates the darkness. The lit end begins to flicker as if fighting for its life against the darkness

The sploshing of his steps is the only sound other than the howling wind. The figure gets closer and closer, eventually standing at arm's distance from the other. A conversation ensues,

"It's gone."

The first figure remains silent, awaiting an explanation.

"The masterpiece is gone."

A voice is projected from the shadows rather than from the first figure,

"What?"

The voice says from no specific direction.

The second figure remains intrepid,

"The masterpiece has escaped, we're not sure how it escaped yet. There's no proof of escape whatsoever, but his presence disappeared from the surrounding area, i can't sense him even with my 4km radius."

The wind gets stronger, the wind pours harder, and the cigarette flickers more.

"Don't get so excited." The intrepid voice hardens, firmly commanding the 1st figure, the cigarette end bursts the only thing remaining is the ashes of the cigarette, it had been vaporized.

"What do we do." The 1st figure spoke, his shadowy figure no longer surrounded the dark but seemed more like it was absorbing colour. It looked like someone had taken a cut out of space where it stood.

"There's nothing we can do besides locating him within a year, if not we'll have to settle with any other sort of vessel."

"That would be...sub-optimal."

"You're right," Another cigarette had materialized in the 2nd figure's hand, "But there's not much we can do. We have to find Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

"Should we use scrying?"

"That's just hopeless. Me, you and him put a lot of effort into making him essentially perfect," The 2nd figure said, "We didn't have to do much though." He remarked.

The second figure let out a displeased grunt,

"There's a number of places he could have gone, and we never took the time to learn about any interests he might have had. We were too worried trying to mold him into what we wanted..." The second figure explained to the first figures back.

"Indeed, it seems even the top 3 ranked sorcerers of the chaotic generation are not completely infallible." He said, before disappearing like a whisp of smoke, the particles of darkness diffusing throughout the air, being carried away by the wind.

The second figure spoke to himself,

"I wonder what the masterpiece is doing?" He sighed, "They'd kill me if they knew though..." and the street lamps dazzled with light, the entire street lighting up, the cigarette in his hand successfully beating back the darkness. The air went still, the droplets of rain on the floor sizzling and evaporating while the downpour slowly ended. And like the 1st figure, he disappeared, unlike the second figure - he had hopped into the light of the street lamp to disappear.