𝐈𝐈

"KACCHAN!!"

"KATSUKI!!"

Both yelled for the same guy with running emotions through their veins. Their eyes immediately flow with tears, their chest rising up and down from the feeling of being overwhelmed, the feeling of disappointment and failure to save someone that they both adore for their own reasons.

"But! Hey, Midoriya, your hand can still reach!"

Please stop

Y/n..

Don't even think about it, please

"Kirishima, I know how well you want to save Katsuki a-and I do too!! So I'll go with you.."

"Are you both out of your minds?!"

"Please don't do this.."

Even with their classmates' protest, they can't even try to convince them once more for they are 'hard-headed'; one having hardening as their literal quirk and one of them having their intent be fulfilled not even caring about the consequences.

"Y/n.." Todoroki reached out, his hand being on Y/n's shoulder as she continued to cry due to the guilt of Bakugou's kidnapping for not saving him just in time – everybody felt that exact guilt but she and Midoriya had it worse.

"Why am I so dumb? Why can't I just save him in time?! If only.. if only I.."

"I'll help you, Kirishima, Midoriya, and Yaoyorozu to save Bakugou. We can still save him"

"T-Thank you, I would truly appreciate that. Thank you for still staying here by my side, Shoto, you really are the greatest friend in the world"

Friend?

Is being your friend what you only see in me?

"That was our promise, wasn't it?"

"Yeah, it is. Best friends?" She weakly smiled, pulling out her pinky fingers just for him.

"Together forever, Todoroki" replied, his pinky intertwined with hers

Those promises ever since we were kids...

I never thought of them as a lie

Or maybe I was just convincing myself

Because it truly did hurt

"K-katsuki.. you came back.." Y/n panted as she immediately ran in Bakugou's direction who was watching the big screen in front of him of All Might fighting All for One and immediately tackled him. "You came back!! I-I'm so thankful, oh my.."

"Stop pestering me, idiot. I'm here now so what's the matter?"

"I'm just so glad that you're still in one piece.."

"Hah?! Do you really think those villains are gonna be the best of me?! Please, I can fucking defeat them if I wanted to!!" Bakugou exclaimed, earning a giggle from Y/n, and yet even with his angry behavior, he looked at her softly before wiping her years.

"They both seem so happy, aren't you happy for them Todoroki-san?" Yaoyorozu asked, looking over his cold stare for the both of them

"Yeah.."