𝐕

Having a work-study throughout the week felt like a decade for Todoroki especially since Y/n is in the same agency as Bakugou. Even if everyone in his class is busy, he knew that Bakugou would somewhat in some way make a move.

But fortunately for the two-toned guy, that week was over and it was now the end of the week meaning that he was free today along with his classmates.

"Jirou!! Can I borrow your shoes just for today? Mine was kinda wrecked from training yesterday and I really need to go out, please!!" Y/n begged with the best puppy eyes that she could muster.

Jirou laughed as she nodded, making the girl smile in joy and Y/n then made her way to Mina's room – not even noticing Todoroki who walked past her wearing something casual as he planned to go out. He just looked at her in confusion, he had never seen her so beautiful and yet so stressed, making him wonder what she was planning on doing later on.

Todoroki shrugged the thought off as he continued to adore the unrivaled beauty of the girl he likes before getting out of the dorms.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Walking towards his destination, he saw the view of the ramen shop that he has been looking forward to going to – specifically with Y/n but he completely understood her excuse of being busy so he didn't want to push it, but a chatter from the distance made him pause from doing so.

"Oh, isn't that the number one hero's son? Shoto Todoroki?"

"Yeah yeah, what is he doing here? Is there a villain around here somewhere?!"

Everywhere he went and everywhere he would go, he would always be recognized as the son of Endeavor. It was all that people could see about him, being in his father's shadow.

Always.

"Hey you two, leave him alone alright! I bet he just wants to eat as each one of us wants"

Todoroki just shrugged the thought off before walking towards the store to order soba. His feet then tapped against the floor along with hetero-colored eyes adored the traditional interior of the restaurant but a certain ash-blonde spiky hair sticking out from a seat irked his attention.

'What? What is he doing here?'

The two-toned-haired guy groaned in frustration. The way he thought that this place is where he would somewhat find peace to get away from him infuriates him but then his question was still there. What is he doing there? And especially with...

"Y/n.." a mutter left his lips as it formed a straight line with his eyes widening in shock at seeing your h/c-hair being right beside Bakugou's.

"I guess I should've known in the first place anyways.."

If he could, he wanted to yell, scream, turn everything into a wreck, and maybe even cry. The way Y/n is smiling so widely with a look that makes her seem so smitten with the ash-blonde guy.

It made Todoroki's blood run cold – not literally, as he felt himself get betrayed by Y/n.

His feelings for her were not the first thing that he wanted to protect, but their friendship with one another. And for him, it seems that Bakugou was taking it away.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

A loud knock on the door of a certain girl, interrupting her as she was about to shut her eyes and finally go to sleep.

"Yes?" Y/n answered and opened the door with an annoyed expression on her face but was completely wiped off as she saw the two-toned-haired guy standing in front of her.

"Y/n"

"What is it, Shoto? Do you need something?"

"I just want to ask you something" he muttered, getting the girl's attention as she then raised her eyebrow at him

"This better be important you know! My sleep schedule.." the h/c-haired girl whined, making Todoroki look back up at her with a sudden cold demeanor with a small frown on his face.

"Be honest with me. Y/n, I feel like our friendship is falling apart every day so.. Do you still consider us as friends?" He asked as Y/n then got herself off guard.

"What are you talking about, Shoto? Don't you remember our promise to one another?" She asked in a confused and comforting tone, her hands now intertwined with his hot and cold hands

"Right, best friends.. together forever" Todoroki mumbled with an embarrassed look on his face as Y/n's e/c-colored eyes were only focused on him, only him.

"So you still remember, I got worried for a second there! How can you say that about our friendship?"

"Because I went to the ramen restaurant that I recommended to you and I saw you there with somebody else. Why didn't you go with me when I invited you?"

"Oh really? You saw me there?!" The girl exclaimed, completely embarrassed as her face slightly turned into a darker shade of red. "Sorry it's just.. Katsuki invited me first but I would really love to go with you next time.."

"Alright," Todoroki said, nodding, making Y/n believe his words but in his mind, he knew to himself that he was not a fool to think that way.

"And he suddenly just asked me last-minute about it. I obviously can't let that slide because it was a friendly gesture, you know? Don't worry Shoto, even if I like Katsuki... it's not like I'll leave you or anything, I love our friendship! And I wouldn't trade it for anything!! You will always be my favorite boy, remember that"

Asked you first?

Last-minute?

I don't understand you completely, Y/n

Your words and actions don't line up with me

I know you like him but...

"I already know that. I'm sorry to bother you, I just got a bit.. worried and I overthink about it way too much"

"Then that just means that you care and worry about me, I really like that about you"

I wish that you like me all the way through.