57-Goodbye

Kylie Miller

I can't recall how, but soon after all that happened, I had to leave for my parents for the summer.

It is said that time flies when you have fun or are with people you enjoy your time with.

Honestly, I had only lived some of that before I met Luke.

Of course, I loved Nick and Finn but after that night I wasn't as social as I used to be, so usually I watched how they talked to people or they tried getting me to talk about what had happened, so time flying by? Barely happened.

But when I started getting along with Luke, it happened all the time. Suddenly, time didn't exist and a meeting kiss turned into a goodbye peck in an instant. I was not too fond of that.

So when I was packing with Luke watching me on my bed, I really tried to feel the time pass by, because subconsciously, it would feel like I'd spent more time with him.

"Nice ass," he said as I bent down t pick up some clothes. I rolled my eyes at him and kept packing as I laughed slightly. "I don't get why you are packing, how am I gonna fit on your suitcase now?" he asked. I looked at him, sad because I wouldn't see him for some months.

"Your 6,4 hot body isn't fitting in my tiny suitcase, Luke. Besides I have to pack all this lingerie so that I seduce Ohio boys" I joked holding a cute bra I had gotten when I started dating Luke. He sighed and bit his lip, shaking his head, as he probably imagined how I'd look wearing it again. "What?" I teased him

"Whatever" he chuckled looking me in the eye "You look better without it anyway"

Damn

I smiled and sat next to him in bed. I really needed to cuddle with him since we would be apart for the summer. He would go back to Australia for some time while I agonized in Ohio.

I forced him to open his arms and he laughed hugging me tight as I put my leg over his body, getting even closer to him.
I showered him in kisses and he pressed his cheek against my lips so I wouldn't stop.

"I love you"

"I love you more"

"I adore you"

"I'm crazy about you"

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Luke," I told him, my face on his neck. He brushed his fingers through my hair and back. I took a second to sniff him, get his scent again. I didn't want to forget it.

"Did you just sniff me?" He asked pulling away a little, confused.

"yes," I confessed without hesitation.

"Cool," He said, feeling weird, I could tell.

"Why'd you have to leave? Leave me?"

I was 100% sure he understood the situation but it still hurt me that I had to leave, call me insecure, but I really didn't want anything to change between us.

We were so good, we were fantastic. None of that had to change.

Nick was coming with us for some time and then she'd go on vacation to Italy with her aunt, and Greece with, you guessed it, Michael. 

They had some savings and decided to invest not only in the new bed for Mikey but a trip to Europe, which was actually so romantic.

"Why can't you come to Australia with me? I can show you my home, how I surf, vegemite" he said with an accent, he only had kangaroos left to mention.

"You barely sounded Australian before I was told you came from there" I laughed at his sudden accent.

"You know, things in Australia are quite big, especially-"

"Luke!" I giggled at his tone

He chuckled as well, playing with me, making my skin shiver with his touch. He suddenly began tickling me and I begged him to stop, which he didn't, but after some seconds he just stared into my eyes and smiled.

"God, I fucking love you, princess"

"You don't want me to go, but I don't see you kidnapping me, you know" I joked

"It's not that hard, you are like two foot tall" he teased me, he always picked me up so easily

"I'm not short, you are just too tall, like a skyscraper" 

"Don't leave, please" he asked. 

Fuck

"I'm sorry, baby"

"The second you come back, I'll be here, waiting for you" he promised as I stared into his deep blue eyes. His lips, so soft, so perfect, so kissable. His hair, curly, golden, and with the perfect length. Everything about him was perfect.

I closed my suitcase and he helped me bring it downstairs, where Liam was already ready to go.

"Fucking hell, we are gonna be late for our flight, Kylie. You always take too long!"

"Don't fucking swear" I got mad at him and got into Luke's car, he'd drove us to the airport.

The ride was mostly silent, I was neither Luke nor I were ready to say goodbye.

When I think about it, it hurts, but it was only three months, multiple couples have long-distance relationships and go through it without an issue. But I was so attached to Luke, three months would feel like a year.

Once at the airport, it was time for the goodbye, the one I feared and the one I didn't want to do.

What was I even supposed to say?

Not only I was devastated by leaving, but I actually felt like I had failed Luke.

I promised him, revenge on Alex, on the guy who had almost killed us, the guy who murdered his best friend. And I had done nothing, I was so dragged into the relationship, I forgot about everything else. 

I wanted to get back at him, I did, and summer was the perfect opportunity, but I had to fucking leave and ruin it.

"Thanks for driving us," Liam said "See you, dude" he said tapping Luke's shoulder and entering the airport.

I looked at my boyfriend, who just laughed at my brother and smiled back. He then looked at me and cupped my face.

"I love you. I love you so much, baby" he said whispering

"I love you too, Luke. I'll miss you, and I'll text you whenever I can, okay?"

"You must, you can't forget me" He chuckled and hugged me tight. Afterward, he kissed my cheek softly. 

"Do we have to say goodbye?" I asked, I really didn't want to. He thought about it for a second

"Not really, it's just an I'll see you later, okay? Just remember. I'll be waiting."

I nodded and exited the car, before looking back one last time.

"See you later, Luke"

He smiled and I made my way to the security area, ready to take the flight. 

Luke's words rang in my head as I smiled at how sweet he was.

"The second you come back, I'll be here, waiting for you"

The only issue was that...

He never did.