chapter five 💌

"Hey Olivia, seriously suck it up." JJ was confused but he still didn't want them to get caught so he tried making Olivia stop crying but obviously he had no idea what he was doing.

"No JJ! I'm scared of height and you're not helping." Olivia kept her eyes shut while literally holding onto JJ's shirt to keep her from slipping.

"It's not even that high okay? Hey, come on." JJ soften his voice a little when he realised she wasn't joking around.

"Okay okay. We're okay. I'm okay." Olivia whispered the words more to herself while imagining how fun it will be to kick JJ's leg so that he will fall. However that means, she will fall too.

The boys had a better view inside the room than Olivia did and something must have happened because they both shared a look of disbelief.

"What the fuck?" JJ whispered.

"Why, what happened?" Olivia opened her eyes when she heard JJ's curse.

JJ turned his head to look at John B, but as he turned, the gun that he stole fell out of his pocket. Olivia, who has a fast reflexes ever since she was little, managed to catch the gun before it clatters onto the roof but that means she lost her grip from JJ and the wall. She waited for the impact from falling face first on the ground to hit but it never came.

"What the hell?"

Turning her head around, she saw JJ holding her hand firmly making sure she didn't fall. He hoisted her back into her original position, this time putting his hand around her waist.

"For someone with a fear of height, you sure got a lot of confident for doing that. Planning to get a concussion or something?" JJ grinned at his own words.

"Not my fault I have a fast reflexes. Be grateful, I just save our ass." Olivia had to hold herself from rolling her eyes.

"Be grateful I just save you from breaking your damn bone."

The trio climbed through the window once they got a signal from Kie and Pope that the cops had left. Olivia was more than happy to be the first one to climb into the room.

They waited for a few minutes until the cop car was out of sight and made their way to the HMS Pogue. Olivia was immediately engulfed into a hug from Kiara. She was very well aware of Olivia's fear of height.

"Liv, I was worried sick, you look like you were gonna faint any minute up there." Kie stated.

"Felt like I was going to die and JJ is not helping at all."

"For the record, I did just save you from dying by the way." JJ lifted his hands, making the 'I'm innocent' pose. He then turned his head to the two teens who stayed behind on the boat. "Could have warned us sooner guys"

"We would have, except Pope was on the math team." Kie scoffed, turning her head to Pope.

"You were on the math team?"

"The cops took everything like it was a crime scene. Did you guys find anything?" Ignoring John B's question, Pope voiced out his thoughts.

JJ straightened up and pulled out something from both side of his pockets. "Did we find anything? No, I don't think so. Oh yeah, we did." He showed off the gun and the cash that he stole.

"What the hell?"

"Dude, what?"

"JJ, I told you to put the gun back!" Olivia smacked his arm one more time, this time he didn't managed to dodge.

He clenched his jaw and flipped Olivia off with both of his fingers.

"Dumbass."

"Okay smartass." JJ mocked.