chapter twelve 💌

Olivia took the package and handed it over to John B.

"That's not gold." Pope complained.

She then climbed out of the tomb, grunting when she almost stumbled head first onto the ground. JJ managed to grab her waist before she fell, helping Olivia steadied herself again.

"Woah, woah, hey, I got you." His voice was gentle and so un-JJ-like. His eyes met hers, before Olivia patted him on his shoulder to brush off this weird interaction. "This is the second time you safe me from falling face first onto the ground, thanks Goldilocks."

Kiara stood not far from the two of them, smiling at their interaction like she knows what's coming.

JJ just offered her a mocking smile, walking a little further from the group to light up his cigarettes. It was then that he noticed something. "Code red. Code red. Square groupers! Square groupers!"

All five of them panicked and was quick on their feet to run. "Go!" Kie ushered.

"It's the guys who robbed your house." JJ pointed out.

"Lights! Lights!" Kie urged, switching off her own flashlight. John B tried hiding his lights in his shirt while Pope covered JJ's headlight, muttering the word 'idiot' in the process.

"Do you think it's them?" Olivia asked, peeking behind JJ.

"Homie's got a gun."

"Screw this." Kie stood up, holding Olivia's arm and then they ran towards the van together. The three boys following behind.

The girls ran to the gate and climbed over it, Kiara helping Olivia get down safely from the other side. The boys did the same thing before they all ran to the van but was stopped when Pope called out to them.

"Guys! Guys, I'm stuck." Pope panicked.

"Pope, come on." JJ ushered.

"I got you."

"All, right guys..."

Kie and John B ran up to him and pulled him back harshly while JJ pulled out his gun.

Of course. Classic JJ.

"JJ, no." Olivia slapped the gun from his hand before he could do anything stupid. "Keep the gun away, dumbass."

JJ rolled his eyes and pulled his 'I'm innocent' pose before making fun of Pope. "Nice! Come on, dude. It's a little Tootsie Roll."

"Come on!" Kie laughed, running up to the van and ushered them to get in.

"Stupid!" Olivia chuckled before closing the van's door.

The van drove swiftly away from the cementry, all five of them laughing at the nerve-wracking situation that just occured.

"Well, that was fun."

✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°✧˖°

The teens are now back at the Chateau, waiting for John B to rip open the package.

"That bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope said to JJ who was currently spreading some peanut butter onto moldy breads.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ shrugged. "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just natural organism."

"That's not true, and you're disgusting." Olivia scrunched her face up in disgust as she observed JJ spreading the peanut butter. "If you want some decent food, you can come to my house JJ."

"Wow, you're some Kooks, aren't you? Flexing that you have unlimited supplies of food?" JJ muttered.

"I was trying to be nice, you dickhead." Olivia flipped him off.