chapter nine 💌

"Mom I'm going out for a while." Olivia did a little run to her bicycle, not wanting to answer her mom further questions.

"Where are you going, Libby?" That name has been stucked on her ever since she was five and her parents love to call her that, it was weird but Olivia just brushed it off.

"Hanging out with my friends, bye mom!" She cycled her way to John B's chateau and it didn't take long because her house was actually near The Cut rather than in the middle of the Figure Eight. Her dad was a pogue so he didn't want to forget the place where he once grew up in, which was the main reason he choose to buy a house there.

When she finally arrived, she can heard JJ's blabbering about something and he was clearly frustrated by the sound he was making.

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental polaroids the entire time. I was under duress, okay?" JJ backed off towards the door almost bumping onto Olivia.

"Bro, are you okay?" Olivia pushed him off and walked over to Kiara. She greeted her with smile.

"No, I'm not okay Olivia." JJ runs his hand through his hair, looking extremely stress. "Guys, I can tell you by the way Ms. Lana was screaming, that these guys are serious, serious hombres, man." JJ added.

John B flicked open the compass, taking a better look at it.

"It's a heavy vibe right now, okay? I'm not liking this very much." JJ shook his head.

"Why do they want the compass?" Kie asked.

"It's a piece of shit. You couldn't pawn it off for five bucks if you wanted to." Pope pointed out before realising his mistake. "No offense. I know it's in your family-" Pope started to defend himself.

"The office." John B stated.

"What?" Olivia furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"My dad. My dad's office." John B started walking towards the front door. "He always kept the office locked because he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research. We used to laugh at him like he was gonna find it."

All four of them trailed John B from behind, hearing him explaining about the office until he reached the office's door. "But now that he's gone. I've just kinda...left it as he kept it."

"Yeah, for when he gets back." Kie said, agreeing with John B.

Olivia was about to open her mouth before Kie gave her a glare of 'just play along' so she nodded and stood quietly next to JJ.

"Oh wow. This looks cool." Olivia looked around, completely mesmerized, once John B fully opened the office's door. She could feel someone was staring at her and when she looked back she was met with an ocean blue eyes. It was JJ's.

"You've never seen an office before? You were gawking like a fish." JJ mocked her action.

"Thank you for the honesty, JJ" Olivia gave him a glare before turning to John B.

"Here, look. This is the original owner, right here." John B took something from the wall and rolled it out for everyone to see.

"Okay. Robert Q. Routledge." Kie read the piece of paper on the board out loud. "1880 to 1920. There's the lucky compass, right there." She pointed towards the picture besides the paper.