Chapter 2: Flashback

(Ashley's POV)
Flashback to five hours earlier.....

"ASHLEY!!! GET READY FOR SCHOOL BEFORE I REVOKE YOUR ELECTRONIC PRIVILEGES!!! ASHLEY!!" My Father, Gabriel Agreste screamed at me as I finished setting up the Bill Cipher summoning circle. I froze, not knowing what to do. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shiiitt!! Um... Uhh... Uhh... How the hell do I hide this? I thought as I frantically blew out all the tiny, white tea candles. "*Large inhale* Fwoooo! ACK! Fwoo! Phew! Um... Uh... Uh.. C-coming, Father!"

Hopefully he doesn't find his photo with the eyes crossed out in bright red Sharpie! I really can't afford to have my phone taken away right now! I thought as I quickly grabbed my stuff for school, shoved my phone into my back pocket, tied my white grumpy bear hoodie around my waist, and hooked up my lavender wired earbuds to my phone. I quickly slid down the stair railing and speed-walked over to him, who only nodded at me in satisfaction. "Thank you for coming to me quickly, Ashley. It really helps," he replied, and he then walked back over to his study.

He walked about a meter away from me before stopping for some reason. "Oh, and few more things before you go to school, Ashley," he uttered, and I paused in fear, awaiting his next response. "Y-yes, Da- I-I mean, Father?" I replied fearfully. "One, detransform and hand me the chicken Miraculous. You aren't going to school with it so you can skip class to avoid Lila and Chloé," he ordered, and I groaned in frustration as I walked back over to him to give him the Rooster Miraculous that was in my front jeggings pocket. Tink! "Here ya go, Father. Happy?" I replied in disappointment after I gave it to him, and he shot me that deadly glare of his, making me freeze up a little in fear at his terrifying presence, and he nodded at me in satisfaction. "Thank you. And second-"

Creak! SLAM! I unconsciously flinched in reflex at the sudden loud noise coming from an unknown location in the house, and Father only sighed in frustration at my disappointing response. "Ashley, we've talked about this. When you flinch like tha-" "Shut. The hell. Up. Gabriel. She doesn't need your unnecessary lecturing about something she can't control because of your extreme psychological damage to her from over the years of screaming at her for no reason other than for your sick, sadistic amusement anytime soon, and especially not before the school day starts. I plan on letting her have at least one or two great days a week so she will perform better in school. You do want that for her, don't you, Gabriel, or are you too sadistic to care about her?" Nathalie interrupted, and thankfully, Father finally backed down, which seemed to satisfy her.

"Good. Now, come along, Ashley. We're going to be late," Nathalie replied, and I just bit my tongue to try to avoid laughing at him as I followed her out the door to the car. This is just one of the many reasons why you are like a mom and a best friend to me, Nathalie. I hope you never leave me or your brilliant, caring personality behind as you grow older. I thought as I got into the car, smirking as I thought it.

***************

After school & extracurriculars.....

I eagerly ran up to room, desperate for an escape from my everyday life (and summoning Bill Cipher). I just never thought that that one source of escape would get me kidnapped by the French Federal Government, who were desperate for the other sources of my powers.

******

After summoning Bill Cipher...

"AAAHH!! OOF!" I screamed as I fell. "Uuggh! Where the heck am I?" I groaned, glancing around me to better examine my surroundings. "Oh, my goodness! Finally! It sure took you long enough to summon me, Ashley, and boy, have I had my eye on you for a while!" Bill exclaimed, laughing in amusement at my pain after he finished his sentence.

"AH! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU??!!!" I screamed in terror at the strange Dorito. "HAHAHA!! Isn't it obvious? I'm Bill Cipher, and I'm guessing that you summoned me because you want to get rid of all of your severe mental health issues, am I right?" He laughed, and to be honest, I just froze in fear, not knowing what to say or do.

"Well, am I?" He proposed, and I eventually shook myself out of it and tried to say at least something . "Oh... My... Fucking... GAWD!! You're real!! Omg, omg, omg! This is literally so amazing!" I exclaimed in disbelief, and he just scoffed and replied, "Of course I'm real, ya freaking idiot! Now, are we gonna make a deal or not? Because otherwise, I'm just going to leave." "No, no, no, no, no! W-we are! I-I just wanted to get out my shock and disbelief before I started my rant," I replied.

"Oh, good. So what'll it be, Ashley?" He asked me in amusement, lying on his back in mid-air as he talked, and I thought for a moment. "Well, first of all, I think we should get rid of my ADHD, anxiety, and bipolar so I can focus," I asked myself softly, and thankfully, Bill snapped my ADHD and anxiety away.

"Huh? Oh, my goodness! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOUU!!! Huh, so this is what peace and quiet in my head finally sounds like? I actually love it! Okay, anyway, up next, I want your friendship and protection, extremely professional art skills, shape-shifting, telekinesis, teleportation, immortality, and.... Hmm.... Let's see... Oh, yeah! And super-natural healing abilities that will work on myself and others," I replied enthusiastically, and Bill nodded in reply to let me know that he was listening to me.

"Thank you. Oh, and there's more. Yeah, I know, and I'm sorry. Okay, so up next, I want extremely improved imagination that cannot be damaged by the most mindless of TV shows or games, an infinite amount of my favorite junk foods, annd whatever my favorite big brother, Adrien, wants," I finished, and Bill just snapped, making my wishes come true. "Oh, my good Lordie Lord! Thank yoouuu!!" I replied as I took it all in.

"Is that all, Ashley? I'm getting kinda bored here, and we haven't even discussed my end of the deal," Bill explained, and I soon snapped out of my trance. "Oh, yeah. Right. That. Go ahead. I'm listening," I replied, and I swear, I could almost feel a mischievous smile coming from him, although I knew that it probably wasn't true.

"Well, I usually want one of these three options: your soul, sleep possession, or being able to read your mind. So what'll it be, Ashley?" He asked and I thought for a moment. "Umm... Maybe mind reading? Oh, wait! I'm actually I'm curious about sleep possession as well, so add that in as well as being able to read my mind," I asked unsurely, and he just snapped his fingers and replied, "Okay, Ashley. A deal's a deal. Now let's shake on it to make it official, shall we?" He asked as an eerie blue flame instantly appeared on his hand, and I instantly & eagerly shook his hand, desperate for my new powers and stuff, but sadly, nothing happened.

"What the- Where are my powers and stuff?" I asked him in confusion as I glanced around the empty void. "The stuff and powers you asked for is in the real world, idiot. Oh, great. I think I here someone coming up to your room. Well, I gotta go, Ashley, but always remember, the universe is a hologram, reality is an illusion, buy crypto! Byyyee!!" He exclaimed quickly as he left my mindscape, and I immediately woke up from my trance, luckily just in time for dinner. I just wish that I hadn't been so stupid and idiotic during dinner, because that's pretty much where it all went downhill from there.