9. Unfaithful

Zaye's POV

It's been a week since Kimani's event, Sheree went back home. Its like she wasn't even here anyways.

I was on the phone talking to my fiancé about the wedding plans

"Babe did you pay the deposit for the wedding venue?" I asked Chad. We've decided to get married in October.

"Yes I did it yesterday" he replied.

"Okay, just confirming. Sure you want to do this?"

"Yes baby girl. I'm sure." he replied

"Alright...Love you."

"Love you too bye"

I had to ask him because he has been distant lately and I don't want to get married only to divorce couple years later because we rushed into this. Even though we've been together for a while now but marriage changes everything.

I'm going by my parents house today. My step mom asked me to come and look for her. Maybe she just wanted lil company.

"Mother I'm here" I said as I walked in the house.

"I'm upstairs Zaye" she said and I went up there.

"Hey mom"

"Hey my baby, you okay? How's the wedding planning going?" she asked.

"It's going okay so far, I ordered my dress. It cost like $5000 USD, thank God a Chad money pay fah."

"Your so high maintenance Zidaine" she laughed.

"I can manage to maintain myself though. So what are we going to do today? We staying in?"

"No. Actually I want to stop by Home & Things to look at a few stuff, because I'm going to renovate the guest bathroom and I need to go to the hardware as well" she said.

Me did know say a company she a look enuh, bout she want see me.

"Ok at least me can go look pon some bathroom vanity and toilet for my friend house. She is building a bathroom, but she no really have it like that and me want help har."

"That's so nice of you Zaye. What a good thing me drag yuh outta the house." she said.

We left the house and head to the hardware store, which took us about two hours because mom is so indecisive, like she want buy out the whole store. She even bought some tiles for Cassie's bathroom even though I told her not to buy them because I'm not sure of the measurements or how much tiles she needed. Suppose it nuh enough, but me just allow har fi do har thing.

"Mom me ago jus give dem Cassie's address and dem deliver it to her."

"Sounds good" she said.

Three hours and Five hundred thousand dollars later and I am home. I called Cassie and told her some delivery guys is coming to drop off some stuff for her. I never told her what it was though because I wanted to surprise her.

***

"Girl me really can't believe you did this for me. I appreciate this so much Zaye" Cassie said.

"Your welcome, it's really my mom's doing though."

"Tell her thanks for me" she said.

"I will"

"Yuh good otherwise?" she asked.

"Yea enuh."

"Alright Later" she said.