62. The bet

Hello there...

Next day

Tristen's POV

Pulling up to my dad's house gave me a Nostalgic feeling. I haven't been here in a while but I do talk to him on the phone though.

"Babes we reach" I gently shake Zaye. She slept the entire journey.

A must she did deh out late a work last night.

"Mhmm" She stretched.

"Love sleep too much man."

"The pills making me drowsy but I think I can stop take them once I'm not feeling any pain."

"We affi go talk to the doctor first. When is your review appointment."

"Oh shit it's tomorrow morning. I almost forgot" She hissed.

"Ok. Me ago come wid yuh."

She took up her bag and we came out of the car.

"So this is where I grew up as you know me move to Kingston when me leave high school" I said to Zaye. I held her hand and we walked towards the house.

My dad came and greeted us.

"A me daughter in law this." He smiled at Zaye.

"Hi" She said shyly.

"Me boy is a princess this enuh. Make sure ya treat har good."

"Of course me a treat har good" I answered and Zaye rolled her eyes.

"Daddy this is Zidaine that I was telling you about. Zaye this is my Dad his name is Tyrell"

"Nice to meet you princess" He said to Zaye.

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Tyrell."

"Just call Mr Tyrell... Mr affi old man"

So him nuh old. Like him nuh memba him age.

He lead us around the back of the yard and I saw some of my family members. I'm not really close with all of them but I still try to be respectful.

Zaye and I greeted them and I introduced her.

"Cuz she pretty bad, me nah lie." Ashanti said admiring Zaye. She's one of the cousins that always believed in me and my music from day one. She's a year older than me.

"Thank you." Zaye smiled.

She love gwan like she shy.

"Babes come make me put down the bag and show yuh me old room." I said to Zaye and we walked away.

We entered the room and Zaye look around. She put her bag on the chair and then sat on the bed.

"Nahve nothing fi say?"

"Weh me fi say, ya gwan like a uptown me born and grow." She kicked of her slippers and lay down on the bed.

"Yuh just different. A that's why man love yuh enuh."

"Weh me want know why the rest a di house fix up except fi over this side."

"Me help daddy renovate but me just did want keep this as is. Yuh know it's a reminder of where me a come from. If me come look fi him, most a di time a in ya so me deh. Just a build back and easy. Meds two song. This is where it all started."

"Ooh understand."

"How yuh feel though?"

"Hot and me can't wait fi go a di river."