Chapter 2

"I have been waiting for you, child," a voice called out, causing you to turn your head and meet the eyes of Ubuyashiki, the owner of the mansion and the head of the Demon Slayer Corps.

"Come, sit," the master beckoned, and both you and Muichiro followed, finding your places on the pebbled garden.

"Sorry to wake you," you apologized, your voice filled with genuine sincerity. "Traveling at night is the most efficient for me."

"It's quite alright, child," Ubuyashiki dismissed your concern, a warm smile gracing his face. "I'm just glad you are here in one piece. I hope the wisteria flowers didn't give you any trouble."

"Not at all," you assured him, not wanting to cause any further disruption. You could sense Muichiro's tension at your statement.

[What a liar]

"Alright, I have heard a little bit about you from Lady Tamayo, but I would like to hear your version of the story. It's always good to hear from the individual themselves," Ubuyashiki requested, his eyes filled with genuine interest.

You nodded, acknowledging his request. "That is reasonable, Master Ubuyashiki."

Muichiro sat in silence, refraining from interrupting the conversation between you and the master. However, his mind was filled with curiosity. Who was this Lady Tamayo, and what was your relationship to her?

"I am a demon," you began, but before you could continue your sentence, you felt something cold at your neck—a sharp, deadly sensation.

In a fraction of a second, Muichiro's sword had unsheathed, its blade hovering mere millimeters away from your neck. His eyes widened with alarm, his protective instincts on high alert.

"Jeez, let me finish," you gasp, unimpressed as you rolled your eyes at Muichiro's swift reaction.

"Muichiro," Ubuyashiki interjected, his voice calm yet commanding. "Please put the sword away."

"But-" Muichiro tried to protest, his words filled with concern for the master.

"Put the sword away," Ubuyashiki repeated firmly, it was his no-further-argument tone.

"Yes, Master," Muichiro sighs, though he quickly follows up with a kind threat."If you so much as blink in the wrong way I won't hesitate to have your head rolling."

"That would ruin the garden." You retort "As I was saying,  I am a demon, but barely half. If you can even count it as so."

"My full name is Y/N L/N, and I am the last surviving member of my clan," you began, your voice carrying a hint of sorrow. "We worked closely with the spider lilies, a plant that - I'm sure you know - Muzan actively seeks to this day."

As you spoke, Muichiro's eyes widened at this new knowledge, while Ubuyashiki's smile remained unwavering. "So, that's what Tamayo has been studying all these years," the master mused.

"Indeed," you affirmed, your voice steady. "My bloodline carries the remnants of the blue spider lily, a powerful medicinal plant. It has the ability to reverse a demon's condition, returning them to their human form. It can also grant immunity to the sun's deadly rays for a demon. Muzan desired this ability, and his original plan was to turn me into a demon and devour me to attain it."

"You are welcome to consider me as a demon" you continue, though the look in your eyes betray the statement. "Muzan realized that my transformation into a full-fledged demon wasn't complete, and he saw my blood as more of a hindrance. His original intention was to kill me right then and there. However, when the sun rose, he was forced to flee."

"You you can withstand the sun..." The master murmurs to himself.

You nod your head, a wistful smile tugging at the corners of your lips. "Muzan and I both believed the sun would kill me, which is why he didn't come looking for me. He thought I was dead. But to my surprise, the sun's rays only caused minor burns on my skin. I was able to regenerate and heal myself faster than it would burn."

"I was found by Lady Tamayo soon after, and she graciously offered me a place to stay," you explained, recalling the kindness she had shown you. "Under her guidance, I learned about medicine, and in return, I willingly offered my blood as samples for her research."

Master Ubuyashiki nodded, his eyes filled with understanding that has you wanting to tear yourself open and do anything for him. "I believe I have heard enough, my child. Now, what is it that you wish to discuss with me?"

This was the moment you had been waiting for, after bidding goodbye to Yashiro and Lady Tamayo, traveling for days on end. The request that held the power to change the course of your life forever.

"Please, allow me to join the Demon Slayer Corps and become a demon slayer," you implored, bowing deeply to emphasize the sincerity of your plea.

Muichiro's couldn't help but feel impressed by the audacity and determination in your request. Meanwhile, Ubuyashiki's smile grew wider, as if he had already foreseen this moment.

"If that is your heartfelt desire, my child, then I see no reason to decline," the master responded, his voice filled with warmth. "We always welcome new slayers who are dedicated to our cause. You shall be given a chance to prove yourself, to wield your unique heritage as a strength in our battle against the demons."

"Thank you master!"

[Yea but, who in their right mind would want to train a demon.]

"I will place you under Muichiro for the time being, I believe only a Hashira is suitable for training you due to your unique physique."

(oh my god)

[oh hell no.]

Muichiro's short admiration for you quickly dissolved from that statement. "Master are you sure about this?" The young boy questions. "Surely there are better Hashiras for the job."

"Yes I'm sure, from this day on. Y/N L/N will be your Tsuguko." Ubuyashiki announces. "Please train her well."

"Yes Master." Muichiro says in a monotoned voice, unable to reason with the master he had no choice but to oblige. Turning his head away from your beaming smile as he makes his way out of the mansion. 

[You've got to be kidding me]

"I promise I'll work hard." You say to the master before following Muichiro out of the mansion. 

Please take care of each other my children.

Fun Facts: 

- Master thought you and Muichiro would make a good pair since you were similar in age 

- You only asked for Muichiro's name because you thought he was a girl at first and needed to confirm