Chapter 7

Two days later, Y/N and Muichiro arrive at the Hashira meeting.

As the two of you approach the estate, you feel a sense of confusion. As a Tsuguko, you're not accustomed to attending these gatherings, typically reserved for the Hashira. Of course you would hear about them from Mitsuri after but you never officially attended.

Nevertheless, you follows Muichiro's lead, eyes scanning the room with a mixture of curiosity and excitement.

Almost immediately, your gaze is drawn to a nondescript box placed prominently in the center of the garden. An instinctual shiver runs down your spine as you senses the presence of a demon from within. Beside you, Muichiro stiffens as well, his own senses also warning him of the potential threat.

Despite your growing unease, you tell yourself to maintain a respectful silence, opting to wait for the master's arrival before addressing the unsettling presence in their midst. Around you, the other Hashiras present also seem to share the same wariness, casting glances at the mysterious box.

In an attempt to alleviate the tension, you exchanges a few words with Mitsuri, offering a polite greeting and inquiring about her well-being. The bubbly Hashira responds with her usual warmth, though you can't help but detect a hint of underlying concern in her demeanor.

Before long, Shinobu and Tomioka arrive, meaning most of the Hashiras were now present. You seizes the opportunity to ask about their recent mission, curiosity piqued by the mention of something intriguing in the box.

"How was the mission? I hope it went okay"

"It was interesting. Fewer casualties than usual if that's what you're concerned about" Shinobu replies in her signature soft tone,  

Though the Insect Hashira's response only serves to deepen your unease, something was off about this meeting. the  Your thoughts are interrupted as a Kakushi follows the two Hashira into the room, carrying a battered and unconscious young boy.

Unable to suppress your concern, you move forward instinctively, intent on checking on the injured boy. But before you can reach him, Muichiro gently stops you, his expression telling you to wait for the master's instead.

Just as the tension reaches its peak, Sanemi bursts into the garden, his aggression showing as he makes a beeline for the box. His actions provoke a reaction from the unconscious boy, who awakens with a start. 

As Tanjiro attempts to start a fight with Sanemi, claiming that the demon in the box is his sister, Nezuko, Mitsuri's concern rises rightfully, mirroring your own emotions.

"Sanemi, please calm down," Mitsuri urges softly, her voice laced with worry. "You'll upset the master"

You nod in agreement, though your attention remains fixated on the unfolding fight.

The tense situation is on the brink of escalating further when the Master's arrival interrupts the brewing conflict, bringing a collective sigh of relief.

"The box indeed does hold a demon," Master Ubuyashiki confirms, his voice commanding attention. Alarm spreads among the Hashira, despite their prior guess of the box's contents, the prospect of harboring a demon within the master's precious estate is still unsettling.

Tanjiro's desperate plea for his sister's innocence tugs at your heartstrings, you can't help but admire his unwavering love and loyalty to his family.

"She's innocent, I swear! Nezuko would never harm a human." Tanjiro's voice quivers with emotion as he pleads for his sister's life.

However, not all the Hashira share your sentiments. Sanemi and a few others remain unconvinced, prompting a drastic display of provocation from the Wind Hashira himself.

"If she's really a demon, then let her prove it!" Sanemi's voice drips with disdain as he prepares to wound himself to prove his point.

Should you interject? No. You had no place to. Besides, if you cause a scene it would look bad for both you and Muichiro. The sound of a slash and the smell after broke your train of thought.

Hunger. That's what you felt when the wind Hashira first dug his blade into his skin. 

Hunger? Were you hungry for- no. No you were not. No you can't.

Disgust. 

Now you want to throw up. The blood was vile. Absolutely disgusting. 

No. 

No it wasn't. 

Quite the opposite. 

You were disgusting.

Thankfully Nezuko's resolve proved to be greater than Sanemi's will, refusing to attack the pillar. The other Hashiras seemed to be impressed by her self control while you stayed unmoved, eyes seemingly staring at nothing.

You come to your senses moments later, trying to hide the waves of emotions that consumed you just seconds before. With a resigned sigh, you turn to Muichiro. "What do you think, Tokito?" You ask.

"Demons should perish simply for existing. They bring nothing but suffering," Muichiro states firmly, his gaze unwavering. "It's our duty to eradicate them."

His unwavering conviction leaves you momentarily speechless, a wave of unease washing over you.

(It's that feeling again)

You contemplate Muichiro's words, a chilling realization dawns upon you. Does his belief extend to all demons, including yourself? Does he harbor the same disdain for you, despite the bond you've formed? Does he... think you should perish for existing as well? 

With the decision made to transport Tanjiro and Nezuko to Shinobu's butterfly estate for medical treatment, you make a mental note to visit them later, you had questions you needed answers to.

 Yet, Muichiro's uncompromising stance towards demons continues to gnaw at your conscience.

"Demons should perish simply for existing"

 Perhaps you meant less to him than you thought. You want to throw up again.

Fun facts:

- Shinobu often asks for blood samples from you for research, while you happily supplies them Muichiro always makes sure you have a good meal afterwords.

- While all the pillars knows of your existence and has met you before, you have yet to talk to a few of them. Those being: Giyuu, Sanemi, and Gyomei