Chapter Six: Broken

A/N: Hello Readers. I had to do a POV of Connor in this chapter. Most of this chapter is Connors POV. I don't like to switch it up but there will be certain chapters that have certain character POV's in them. Sorry for that. Also, I've found a picture for Drayden and I'll post it in the next chapter. Enjoy!

CHAPTER SIX

         It was already Friday and I haven't seen Brody since the night I talked to Arty. He would go to the bar and come home late. I would stay up to try and catch him but always seemed to fall asleep. When I was at school he would be in bed and wouldn't come out until he had to go to the bar again. Since the pack was staying at our house, Gina forced them to help out at the bar. Since Tuesday, that's what they've been doing. Except Connor, who I also haven't seen since we rode home together. Now I was in an empty house by myself. The moon was out again as I stared at it from my bed. I had books from different classes spread out and my lap top settled in my lap. I've been working on an assignment for my Mass Communication class and wasn't getting anywhere with it. I set the laptop on my bed, closing it and then stretching my arms out. The alarm clock on my night stand read 7:48. I stood up feeling hungry and walked out of my room down the stairs.

          I opened the fridge to find left overs from last night. Gina had made it for the boys. It was hamburger helper. I made me a bowl and settled into a chair at the dinner table. Chowing down slowly, the house phone rang. I took one quick bite of the food and ran in the living room to answer it;

                     "Hello!"

                     "Looks like you've learned to back off." A woman's voice said through the phone.

                      "Excuse me? Who is this?" I asked.

                  "You don't have to worry about that right now. How is my love?" she asked, her voice almost enchanting.

                    "Your love? I don't think you've got the right number." I said and with that said I hung up. Sometimes I wonder if humans are as crazy as creatures. I turned towards the kitchen to walk back but the phone rang again. I grunted and answered,

                     "Hello!"

                    "How dare you hang up on me?" that same woman said but pissed off this time.

                   "Look, I don't have time for prank calls. I'm hungry and my food is getting cold." I said, my attention now on my food.

                 "Oh Eryn, sometimes I wonder if your really as smart as he think's you are." the woman chuckled. This time I felt my heart skip a beat.

                    "Who is this?" I asked now clutching the phone.

                  "Don't you listen? I'm not the one you should be worried about at this moment. I've warned you to stay away from him." she said and the memory of the blond girl back at the city popped into my head but this didn't sound like the blond.

                    "I don't know who your talking about. What do you-" I was about to say but she cut me off, "I have a question for you Ms. Green! Is your front door locked?" and then the dial tone rung through my ears. My heart was racing and I didn't care to hang up the phone as I ran to the front door but was taken over by fear when it was wide open. Next thing I felt was pain and then blackness.

{Connor's POV}

          The night air felt amazing against my fur as I ran through the forest of Greenbelt The only woods I could find. Statin Island was another territory of mine so the pack who ran the area knew me. The smell of forest and a mixture of the maple trees was a scent I was all too familiar with. It was better thEn the desert like area Eryn and her brother was use to. I never got the point in living in nothing but dirt but if it was with Eryn for eternity, I'd take that challenge. She was stubborn but there was something about her. Ever since that incident she blacked out I knew she wasn't human. She was strong though, that much was true. Her powers wasn't showing though.