Chapter Five: Unhuman

A/N: Hello readers. As I said back in chapter 4, I've posted a picture of Connor to the right. It was hard to find a man with different color eyes but since this guy literally resembles what Connor looks like, I went with him. He's just a model because I try to keep away from movie stars, Brody was an exception. But below is Chapter 5. Enjoy!

P.S. I'll post a picture of Gina in Chapter 10.

CHAPTER FIVE

I wasn't human? That damn voice didn't answer when I asked. I guess me just wanting to be human was out the window. Well whatever the voice was why would I trust it? All of a sudden it wants to appear. Why was I even worried about it? I finally got up from off the floor and walked to my bed. I looked down and seen my back pack sitting next to my bed. Damn, school, I've missed Monday. I threw my self back on my bed, "DAMNIT! Why me?" I asked no one in particular. I turned my head and stared out at the window, the moon was out bright, "You stupid moon and your stupid mating ritual. I'M HUMAN DAMNIT!" I was sure the guys could hear me but screw it I didn't care. A long sigh exited my lips. I felt like punching a wall or something.

"You okay?" Gina's voice came as I sat up and turned towards my door. She had a bowl in her hand. She walked into the room.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said as she offered me the bowl of soup. I took it thanking her. She sat next to me,

"I just heard you talking to yourself and let me tell you something that ain't healthy." I let a small smile form on my lips as I sipped some of the chicken soup. I knew one thing, Gina sure knew how to cook. She set her hand on my shoulder,

"I know what your going through. Guys throwing themselves at you." she said and I gave her a confused look. She continued,

"Back in high school before I knew I had sucubus powers in me I wasn't someone who guys wanted to date but then my senior year hit and I was 18 and my powers had come to me. Next thing you know I'm using it to get every jock I could." she smiled at herself, totally off the subject I was thinking about but at least she tried.

"Thanks Gina for that . . . Insightful view of your high school life." I said setting the bowl down on my night stand,

"But I think I'm going to call it a night. I've got an early class tomorrow." Gina grabbed the bowl of soup,

"Alright. Don't be so down. Things happen for a reason, keep that in mind and if things don't go your way, become a sucubus . . . Or just be a hoe." she said walking out. Her and men in the same category wasn't a good mix. I just decided to let a hot shower breeze my mind. After the shower I headed to bed trying not to think so much about what has happened the last week of my life; Connor. The voice. My uncle hiding secrets. And me having the possibility of not being a human. I let sleep take me away.

The ability to be surrounded by humans made me feel normal. The New York City streets were busy and the wonderful music of traffic filled my ears. I had my back pack slung over my shoulders and started up the stairs to the Kimmel Center, a building where anyone and everyone from NYU went. It was like a 9 level social building. It's where my professor thought would be a good place to have our history class. What really sucked was that it was on the 9th floor. I entered the crowded building and quickly walked to the elevators. They were just as crowded as the building it self. A tall man, who was standing nearest to the elevator, pressed the up button and about ten of us waited. When the elevator arrived half of the group went in while me, a man and another woman had to wait for the next elevator. The man pressed the up button again once the elevator closed. A few other people joined our waiting group and then a woman pushed through the small crowd and stood next to me.