[30]

Things came back to normal with Talia leaving Gotham. Damian had gone with her but he returned after a week and contrary to what Calmia suspected, his behavior toward her didn't change.

He even brought her a present; a small ornamental dagger with an emerald studded hilt. She had not been expecting that but he told her that he wanted to make up for anything his mother said that could have hurt her.

Calmia appreciated the gesture and assured him that she didn't take anything to heart and that she understood why Talia didn't want to get along with her.

With that issue sorted, everything in their lives had gone back on the regular track.

Bruce was, as usual, busy balancing his work life, vigilante life, and personal life. Calmia too had her projects keeping her occupied. Tim and Damian were going about their usual routines as well.

That evening after work hours ended, Calmia had an appointment with her doctor so she left her office slightly earlier than usual. She would have informed Bruce beforehand but as she didn't expect it to take much time, she decided against it.

She thought she would be back home at the usual time so there was no need to worry her husband.

But her routine visit didn't go exactly as she had expected.

She was given a few tests on her doctor's suggestion so it took her more time than she had thought of earlier. By the time she got free from the clinic, it was an hour past the usual time she returned home.

Calmia was about to call Bruce but paused, seeing the person leaning against her car as if waiting for her.

"Hi Mom," Tim smiled brightly as soon as he spotted her and straightened, pocketing his phone.

He had developed a habit of calling her Mom and though it seemed weird at first, Calmia got used to it. She felt it was his way of telling her that he valued her presence in his life and she appreciated that a lot.

Possibly out of all the Wayne boys, she was closest to Tim as she felt she could easily talk to him about anything and everything. Of course, the rest of them were very nice to her as well and she was particularly fond of Damian but Tim was the easiest to communicate with and possibly the most thoughtful one out of them too.

Jason was yet to know about that fact and if he found out, he would be quite disappointed that his Replacement had taken his place as a favorite again. Richard already knew and he was happy that Tim too had such a wholesome bond with Calmia.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" She asked, quite surprised to see him.

"Nothing," he shrugged nonchalantly, "saw your car and stopped by."

"Okay..."

"And what are you doing here?" His eyes had flickered to the clinic and then back to her as if silently assessing whether she was doing well or not.

"It's nothing to worry about," she replied, judging that he looked concerned, "I should have gotten free much earlier though."

"If you say so," knowing it was awkward talking out on the street, Tim offered, "can I drive?"

"Sure," she smiled, handing him her car keys.

They got into the car and Tim carefully backed it out of the parking space. Calmia was silent for a while, thinking about the reports for the tests that she had taken.

Tim had noticed that silence on her end so he decided to keep the conversation going, "you know, I am usually the first person to find out when any of us gets into an emergency."