Two

OH NO!

HOBIE BROWNXREADER

HOBIE BROWN
X
READER

JUNE

2023

2023

CHAPTER TWO: WILDFLOWERS

    "You'd better not," you warned, raising a finger the moment Hobie tried to sit his trash smelling behind on your fluffy sofa.

One more occasion than countable, you'd come home and find Hobie smelling like a bucket of sweat either sleeping on the couch or in the cushioned window seal. Even though you never made a fit about it, the trouble of trying to eliminate the outside smell out of the fabric was more than agitating to say the least. But, since it's Hobie, he can sleep there as long as you're not around to see it, afraid your blood pressure would rise at the scene.

With his hand settled on the arm of the couch, Hobie seems to slowly turn his head at you in some sort of teasing manner. He was trying you.

    "Do not, I swear I'll hand your ass to you."

Brown eyes dart from the couch and up to the snarl on your face, contemplating if he should test his limits tonight. The worst that could happen was a chore day where you stood around and watched him scrub and wipe every surface spotless all before making dinner, and he knows this as well as you do, it's happened before.

    "Y/N please, I hate doing the dishes," Hobie whined, sliding into the bar stool next to you.

For a moment, your gaze lingered on his eyebrow piercing before it slithered to look at the disorganized kitchen ahead of you. The counter had a couple of random bracelets laying strewn as hell as a couple of loose dollars and other things that shouldn't be in the area. As for the dishes, oh, he had some work to do. He insisted that he would do yesterday's dishes in the morning but had forgotten with the snap of a finger. He was out and about less than 20 minutes after making the promise to you.