Five

OH NO!

HOBIE BROWNXREADER

HOBIE BROWN
X
READER

JUNE

2023

CHAPTER FIVE: MYSTERIES (1)

warning: blood! brief description of a fatal car wreck. i dont want anyone emotions swaying around so be warned <33

A crack of thunder rolls through the skies, an electric web of white and blue stretching across the heart of Edith Rd... Inside, a fog swarms and manifests itself right in the heart of the storm.

"You can't ask me for that. No way," A woman's voice said, the slightest of aggravation laced within it.

Big and curious eyes flutter, a small child stirs in the backseat of a blue volkswagen. In the child's arms, an orange tiger smiles endlessly.

There's a man in the driver's seat and he doesn't look away from the road, the slightest look of dejection shadowing his face and dragging down his shoulders. The child, his child in the backseat looks something like a doppelganger when they frown along with him. "They're twins," the woman would say, "Y/N doesn't take after me... Just all of daddy... don't you?"

But now as the car was silent and the windows were rolled up, the fun is out of the car and drifting outside of the safely locked window. A part of you wanted to ask your father to roll the windows down but... He didn't have that familiar smile anymore. It was rare to see your parents unhappy but despite the sight, there's nothing you have to say about the conversation happening ahead. Today was your 9th birthday and the waterpark was only minutes away, hopefully, Aunt Tracy would be there with Major and Kevin. There were the funnest cousins ever.

"Honey," Dad said, staring into the glare of your angry mother just a moment after stopping for a red light, "Don't you want to know what can happen... what may happen?"

"No."

In between your small hands, you raise the cotton tigers feet, swinging them across your lap, back and forth.

"Sierra, what do you think is going to happen if we pretend nothing's there?"

Dad's voice had gotten a lot louder and a lot deeper once he started driving again. Even now, you can feel the street rubble underneath the tires, temporarily making your little mind aware of the situation.

Back and forth.

"I said no!" Mom yelled, lifting her back away from the leather car seat. The rage emitting from her is worrying, making dad spare the quickest glance at you before heavily huffing.