Three

OH NO!

HOBIE BROWNXREADER

HOBIE BROWN
X
READER

JUNE

2023

2023

CHAPTER THREE: PINK

Inez ‼

Dude, trust me.
Your little date with Hobie will go juuuuuust fine 😘

You sigh, rubbing a hand down your face, smearing your subtle eyeliner just a smudge. If possible to care more, you'd go back into the bathroom to scrub it clean but the clock knocking down minutes and seconds said otherwise. Initially, when you agreed to this, the thought of what to wear and how to behave was out of mind. Your brain said that it was just a friendly rendezvous while the palpitations of your heart insisted that it was the start of something new and glorious.

Inez ‼

Not to be a dick, but it's literally just a movie.

— Inez, why don't you just tell me if my outfit looks good?? Can U do that instead of chastising me????

Inez ‼

🫸 Pero ese attitude! Don't be mad cause ur scared hes gonna kisssss uuu

— Alright, you're an asshole

Inez sends back triplet laughing emojis just a second before you lock your phone and toss it on a discarded pile of failed outfits. Buzzfeed and youtube weren't the biggest aids when you thought to google first date outfit ideas. The articles and videos were just inisting that you wear a middle aged outfit with some lipstick that would contrast the entirety of your outfit in the most unflattering way possible.

To say you were embarrassed was an understatement. It didn't help that Inez was downplaying the severity of the situation as she barely thought anything in life was serious enough to flip about. And speaking of Inez, though she was callous, she was a good friend to keep your feet on the ground as she was the perfect friend to give you a migraine. The two of you met at your first fast food job and immediately hit it off despite her having issues with the rest of the coworkers. She found herself migrating towards you and unconsciously calling you her friend and wondering if you'd been taking care of yourself on off days.